Weddings are special days that make for lifelong memories. So, when a close friend of yours gets married, you probably want to tell them how much they mean to you. One of the best ways to do this is through a wedding card.
But knowing exactly what to write in them can be tricky. That’s why we’ve come up with this list of over 50 wedding wishes for a friend – take a look at them, choose the one that speaks to you most, and share it with your friend on their special day.
Simple Wedding Wishes For A Friend
Sometimes, the best way to say something is the simplest way. Take a look at these simple wedding wishes:
- Congratulations on your special day!
- Best wishes to you on your wedding day.
- Congratulations to my dearest friend!
- Happy wedding day!
- I’m so happy for you!
- Congratulations on your wedding!
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness.
- May your marriage be filled with joy.
- Lots of love to you today and always.
- Hugs and kisses to the happy couple.
- We love you so much. Congratulations!
- Lots of love to you today and always.
- Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
- Wishing you plenty of happiness not just today, but every other day too.
- Congratulations! May you share a long and happy life together.
- May your future be filled with fun.
- Warmest wishes to you both on this special day.
- May your life together be filled with wonder.
- I could not be happier for you on your wedding day.
- Wishing you many joy-filled years ahead.
- You’re a wonderful friend and a fantastic partner, congratulations!
- May you always be happy and filled with joy.
Religious Wedding Wishes For A Friend
For many couples, faith will be the crux of their marriage. If the newlyweds are religious, these wedding wishes may be just right for them. Of course, you can swap out God for Allah, Jehovah, or whatever deity is appropriate.
- May your marriage be blessed.
- Congratulations! We pray that God will continue to shine His light on your love.
- Love truly is the greatest blessing. Congratulations on your wedding day.
- May your marriage be eternally blessed.
- Wishing you a marriage that grows from strength to strength, just like your faith.
- Congratulations on your wedding day! May God continue to bless your love.
- May your faith guide your union, each and every day.
- I pray that God grants you all of life’s blessings, today and always.
- Happy wedding day! God bless you both on this day. May your love last a lifetime.
- “Love is patient. Love is kind… love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-13
- “God has poured out His love into our hearts.” – Romans 5:5
- As God has brought you two together, may He continue to bring blessings into your lives.
- God bless you both on this special day.
- We’re excited to see how God continues to bless your union.
- Congratulations on this blessed union!
- May every day you spend together be blessed.
- I pray that you are as happy as you are today, always.
- May the light of the Lord shine on you and your new spouse.
Funny Wedding Wishes For A Friend
Who doesn’t love a good joke? Take a look at these funny wedding wishes that your friends will love.
- I’ll pass on some of my wisdom to you my friend: the most important four words for a successful marriage are “I’ll do the dishes.”
- And now you’ve officially become one: one bed, one remote, and one bathroom!
- Life is a rollercoaster, and now you have someone to scream along with you. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Congratulations, and good luck trying to ignore the little things!
- You may not have it all together, but together, you have it all.
- When you love someone, try not to assemble furniture together.
- You’ve both always loved adventures, and this is about to be your biggest one yet. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- All weddings are happy – it’s living together after that’s tricky! Congrats to you two lovebirds.
- Eat, drink, and be married!
- Congratulations on finding someone to laugh at your stupid jokes!
- Now you have someone to hang out with forever – happy wedding day!
- Your kids will grow up and move out, but your husband never will!
- The secret to a happy marriage is so well-kept that no one knows what it is!
- Congratulations on your marriage – may you enjoy your lifelong sleepover.
- You’ve found someone who loves all the weird things about you – hold on tight to them!
Finding the right wedding wishes for a friend just got a whole lot easier. Don’t worry about getting writer’s block or feeling tongue-tied- just pick an appropriate wish from this list and make it your own.