All Zodiac signs are associated with a variety of different crystals and gemstones. Knowing the right gemstone to have on your person and to wear will bring new positive energies into your life, while also being able to expel negative energies and provide a new sense of freedom. The Taurus birthstone is primarily the Emerald. But there are also a number of other gems associated with this star sign.
Born between April 20 and May 20th, Taurus is the second zodiac sign. It’s also an earth sign, making its connection with crystals and gems even more important. The stones for Taurus all tie in with the characteristics of people born under this sign.
Find out all about these and see which stone for Taurus suits the person you know born under this sign – or you!
What is the Taurus Birthstone?
This listing of the Taurus gemstone includes a number of gems, with emerald at the top of the list. All of these Taurus gemstones bring new energies into life, and pair with other crystals to create exciting combinations.
- Rose Quartz
- Black Spinel
- Blue Muscovite
- Blue Tourmaline
Key Features of Taurus Stone
For those born between the 19th April and the 20th May, the Taurus birthstone of emerald brings peace and prosperity. Taurus is the earth element, and its symbol is the bull. Known as the honest worker, those born within this zodiac are typically strong-willed individuals. Coming across as intelligent and also very strong, they are also notorious to have elements of stubbornness within them. Pairing with the Emerald, Taurus gemstones are ideal as this stone will be able to share these vibrations well, and bring in new optimism.
What Are The Key Traits Of The Taurus Birthstone?
The emerald stone does of course have a long history of royalty. It has a deep association with prosperity and wealth, and many rulers used it throughout history. The Emerald speaks directly to the heart, and when paired with Venus it actually creates the perfect match.
Because of its association with prosperity and wealth, the emerald Taurus stone does speak to this, and interestingly Taurus will typically feel quite well rewarded after they have successfully completed a hard day’s work. Because of its connection to the earth, it finds connection with the gifts of the earth, while at the same time connection to more opulent energies.
It is known as being a powerful good luck charm, and so it is often carried around to bring in these positive energies whenever possible. The emerald aids in letting going of stubborn tendencies, and brings about a sense of calm and contentment.
Pairings of the Taurus Gemstone
- Malachite – This green stone works well for bringing balance to both sides of the heart. Helping to reduce stress, it also aids in releasing the desire to be perfect.
- Peridotite – This golden yellow stone brings healing within itself, and is certainly a natural soother, which is ideal for the Taurus. As a strong-willed Taurus, Peridotite allows flexibility to come in, and counteracts or balances out stubbornness, which can be prevalent for a Taurus.
- Aquamarine – Beautiful blue aquamarine suggests to Taureans to stand up and resists swimming against the current in such a stubborn fashion. Instead of getting so stuck in certain ways, these gemstones suggest a flexibility and sensation, and to let go of toxic feelings to bring a renewed sense of purity in.
- Lapis – The deep dark blue Lapis gemstone has powerful healing powers. It is able to help let go of tensions and for allowing freedom to flow with the current. It is excellent for encouraging a level of deeper thought, and for using brain powers in a deeper fashion.
- Agate – Agate is the stone that brings in serenity, class, and peace, much like a beautiful stone lying at the bottom of a crystal clear lake. It soothes and reduces pressure, and is powerful at warding off negative energies. It suits Taurus well as it does not add in any sense to the need to be perfectionist.
- Topaz – Topaz is a magical stone with high energy vibrations. This light blue Taurus stone brings in magical manifestations to the wearer or holder.
- Carnelian – This powerful gemstone is a deep orange red in color, and entices those who hold it to take the lead in a situation. It aids in overcoming fears, and Taureans who sometimes prefer to be quiet will enjoy this stone as it encourages bravery and courage to move forward. In much the same way that the green emerald Taurus birthstone brings in powerful energies, this stone will entice the wearer to move forward on a winning streak.
- Amethyst – This stone brings in new levels of self-love. It allows feelings of security, but then pushes Taureans to step out of and away from their comfort zone. Playful fun energy also abounds in the Amethyst stone.
What Is The Taurus Birthstone Color?
The Taurus gemstone is a green color, often quite deep, and with a glistening allure that makes it so attractive.
Cleansing the emerald Taurus birthstone is important. The easiest way to do this is by leaving the stone in a bowl of water overnight and including a pinch of sea salt in the water. The salt is the agent which will wash away any negative and toxic vibes. The stone will rejuvenate overnight and will be able to come back to full health, and return its full range of positive energies. Achieve an even deeper cleansing by leaving the gemstone in the moonlight. This will fill it with new high-frequency powers. The moon and the night sky can do their own work to cleanse the beautiful emerald Taurus birthstone.
Find a way to keep the emerald on your person. This might be in the form of jewelry, or otherwise merely in a pocket where it is easily accessible to your hand throughout the day. You’ll feel its power and guiding light no matter where you hold it.
Chermaine’s journey into the world of gemstones and crystals began as a child, collecting shimmering stones on family vacations. Today, she’s a certified gemologist and spiritual healer, intertwining the physical beauty of jewels with their metaphysical properties.
Chermaine has traveled to mines in Africa, marketplaces in India, and spiritual retreats in Bali, always seeking to deepen her understanding.