Purple Labradorite is a gemstone that offers a range of intriguing properties and meanings. This article aims to provide a comprehensive buying guide, along with information on the uses, meanings, properties, and facts associated with Purple Labradorite.
By examining its formation, physical characteristics, and the chakra and zodiac connections, readers will gain a deeper understanding of this gemstone.
Furthermore, this article will provide tips on care and maintenance, enabling readers to make informed decisions when purchasing Purple Labradorite.
What is Purple Labradorite?
Purple labradorite is a variety of labradorite that displays vibrant purple hues. It typically exhibits a strong labradorescence, with the purple hues shimmering and changing as the stone is moved under light.
This gemstone often has a translucent to transparent appearance, allowing light to pass through and enhance its colors. It can be found in various forms, including cabochons, beads, and faceted gemstones.
Purple labradorite is a semi-precious gemstone that is highly valued for its unique coloration and remarkable play of colors.
Meaning and Symbolism
Symbolism associated with the purple variety of labradorite is highly regarded and often linked to spiritual growth and transformation. The color purple has long been associated with spirituality and mysticism, and when combined with the unique properties of labradorite, it is believed to enhance these qualities.
Purple labradorite is believed to assist in the manifestation of one’s spiritual purpose and aid in accessing higher levels of consciousness.
Its symbolism and meaning make it a popular choice for those seeking spiritual development and transformation in their lives.
Healing Properties and Energy Cleansing
Purple labradorite possesses several healing properties that can benefit individuals on various levels. Here is an overview of its healing properties in spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical aspects:
Purple labradorite is thought to help individuals release negative emotions, such as stress, anxiety, and depression, and promote feelings of calmness and inner peace.
The stone’s soothing energy is said to promote emotional balance and stability, helping individuals to overcome emotional challenges and find inner strength.
Purple labradorite is often used in meditation and energy healing practices to support emotional well-being and promote emotional healing.
Purple labradorite is believed to enhance one’s spiritual connection and intuition. This crystal is often used in meditation practices to access higher realms of consciousness and expand spiritual awareness.
Purple labradorite is associated with enhancing mental clarity, focus, and concentration. It can aid in decision-making and problem-solving by bringing insight and understanding. This crystal is believed to stimulate creativity and imagination, allowing for the development of innovative ideas and solutions. It also helps in releasing mental blockages and limiting beliefs, promoting mental flexibility and open-mindedness.
Purple labradorite is said to have several physical healing properties. It is believed to support the immune system, aiding in overall health and well-being. This crystal can assist in relieving symptoms of stress-related illnesses, such as headaches, migraines, and insomnia. It is also thought to have a positive impact on the nervous system, helping to alleviate pain and discomfort.
As with any alternative healing methods, it is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before relying solely on purple labradorite for physical healing.
Associated with the crown chakra, purple labradorite is believed to enhance spiritual connection and aid in accessing higher states of consciousness. The crown chakra, located at the top of the head, is associated with higher consciousness, spiritual awareness, and connection to the divine.
Purple labradorite is said to activate and balance this chakra, helping to open up one’s channel to higher realms of wisdom and spirituality. It is believed that working with purple labradorite can promote a sense of inner peace, clarity, and enlightenment.
This crystal is often used in meditation practices to deepen spiritual experiences and connect with higher realms of consciousness.
It is important to cleanse and recharge your chakra stone in order to maintain its energy and effectiveness. To learn more, you can read our article on labradorite crystal chakra.
There is no direct connection between zodiac signs and specific gemstones like purple labradorite. However, some people associate purple labradorite with the zodiac sign Scorpio, which falls between October 23rd and November 21st.
Scorpios are known for their intensity, passion, and mystery, and purple labradorite’s captivating colors and iridescent sheen may resonate with these characteristics.
Gemstone associations with zodiac signs are subjective and based on personal beliefs. Different people may have different associations between gemstones and zodiac signs.
Crystal Pairings and Complementary Gemstones
There are several crystals that can be paired with purple labradorite to enhance its energy and properties. Some crystals that complement purple labradorite include:
- Amethyst: Both purple labradorite and amethyst possess soothing and calming energies. Pairing them together can amplify their calming vibrations and promote emotional healing and spiritual growth.
- Clear Quartz: Clear quartz is a powerful amplifier and can enhance the energies of purple labradorite. It can also help in cleansing and purifying the energy field, making it an excellent companion crystal.
- Selenite: Selenite has a high vibrational energy that can promote spiritual growth and connection. It can enhance the psychic abilities and intuition associated with purple labradorite, making it an ideal pairing.
- Lepidolite: Lepidolite is a stone known for its calming and soothing properties. Pairing it with purple labradorite can promote emotional balance and stress relief.
- Charoite: Charoite is a stone that resonates well with purple labradorite due to its similar purple color. It can enhance intuition, spiritual insight, and protection.
Remember to trust your intuition when choosing crystals to pair with purple labradorite. You can experiment with different combinations and observe how the energies interact to find the most suitable pairing for your needs.
Formation and Geological Conditions
Purple labradorite, is formed in igneous rocks called basalt and gabbro, as well as in certain metamorphic rocks. Its unique coloration and shine, known as labradorescence, is caused by internal fractures that reflect light back and forth, dispersing it into different colors.
Mineral impurities within the stone absorb and reflect light to give it a purple appearance. The specific conditions and elements present during the stone’s formation will influence the intensity and hue of the purple coloration.
Understanding the the physical properties of a stone is essential for both buyers and enthusiasts, as it offers significant insights into the stone’s traits and overall allure.
Here are the physical properties and characteristics of purple Labradorite:
- Color: As its name suggests, purple Labradorite primarily displays a purple color. However, the stone can exhibit a range of other colors such as blue, green, yellow, and even orange, depending on the light and the angle at which it is viewed.
- Hardness: On the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, Labradorite scores a 6 to 6.5. This makes it a relatively hard stone, but still susceptible to scratches and chipping if not handled with care.
- Luster: Labradorite has a vitreous to pearly luster which adds to its overall aesthetic appeal.
- Refractive Index: The refractive index of Labradorite ranges from 1.560 to 1.568.
- Specific Gravity: The specific gravity of Labradorite is approximately 2.68 to 2.72.
- Labradorescence: This is the term for the unique color play exhibited by Labradorite, which is caused by the diffraction of light in the layers of rock. In the case of purple Labradorite, the dominant color of this iridescence is purple.
- Cleavage: Labradorite has perfect cleavage in one direction, meaning it breaks along flat planes.
- Transparency: Labradorite is typically translucent to opaque.
- Crystal System: Labradorite belongs to the triclinic crystal system.
- Composition: Labradorite is a type of plagioclase feldspar, composed primarily of sodium, aluminum, silicon, and oxygen.
Purple Labradorite Buying Guide
When considering the acquisition of purple labradorite, it is important to carefully evaluate its physical characteristics and optical properties. To help you understand what to look for and consider when purchasing this beautiful gemstone, read our article on the complete buying guide for all types of labradorite crystal with prices.
Purple Labradorite Care and Maintenance Tips
Proper care and maintenance of purple labradorite specimens are crucial in preserving their aesthetic appeal and ensuring their longevity. To maintain the luster and shine of purple labradorite, read our article for tips to help you take care for all types of labradorite crystal.
In conclusion, the purple labradorite gemstone is a fascinating and unique stone that holds great meaning and symbolism. Its energy cleansing properties make it a popular choice for those seeking spiritual healing and balance. Associated with the crown chakra, it is believed to enhance intuition and spiritual connection.
Its vibrant purple color and lustrous appearance make it a desirable gemstone for jewelry. When buying purple labradorite, it is important to consider factors such as color, quality, and size. Proper care and maintenance can ensure its longevity and beauty.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does purple labradorite cost?
The cost of purple labradorite varies depending on factors such as quality, size, and origin. On average, prices range from $20 to $100 per carat. Higher-quality specimens can command higher prices.
Can purple labradorite be used for meditation?
Yes, purple labradorite can be used for meditation. It is believed to enhance spiritual connection, provide clarity, and promote inner peace. Its calming energy and ability to stimulate the third eye chakra make it suitable for meditation practices.
Can purple labradorite be used in jewelry making?
Purple labradorite can be used in jewelry making due to its beautiful purple color and unique iridescent sheen. It is often cut into cabochons or beads and used in rings, necklaces, and bracelets, adding a touch of elegance and intrigue to the jewelry pieces.
Is purple labradorite natural?
Yes, purple labradorite is natural. However, it is relatively rare compared to other colors of labradorite. The color can range from a light lavender to a deep, rich purple. The purple color is believed to be caused by the presence of certain minerals or impurities within the stone.
Chermaine’s journey into the world of gemstones and crystals began as a child, collecting shimmering stones on family vacations. Today, she’s a certified gemologist and spiritual healer, intertwining the physical beauty of jewels with their metaphysical properties.
Chermaine has traveled to mines in Africa, marketplaces in India, and spiritual retreats in Bali, always seeking to deepen her understanding.
Jump To a Section Below
- What is Purple Labradorite?
- Meaning and Symbolism
- Healing Properties and Energy Cleansing
- Chakra Association
- Zodiac Connection
- Crystal Pairings and Complementary Gemstones
- Formation and Geological Conditions
- Physical Properties
- Purple Labradorite Buying Guide
- Purple Labradorite Care and Maintenance Tips
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions