Jump To a Section Below
- About us
- What we collect
- How we use your information
- How do we gather information?
- How do we know you want to hear from us?
- Disclosing your information
- Where we store your personal information
- Your Rights
- Managing your Cookie preferences
- Links to other Websites
- Changes to this Policy
- If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Any comments you have can be emailed to [email protected]
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name, job title, email address, postal address and phone number).
- Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website).
- Your IP address through the placement of cookies (see below section on cookies and their management);
- Location data, which might be gained through your IP address;
- Demographic information;
- Preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
How we use your information
We might use your information to:
- Remember you when you visit our website and see how your journey through it by using cookies (we explain what Cookies are in section below)
- Identify your interests. We might then put your information in aggregated form into groupings (known as “segments”) by a particular audience, which means we can serve you advertisements and offers that will interest you within the website, via email and on 3rd parties, including by reference to data we receive from third parties.
- Make sure the products and services we provide to you are correctly administered;
- Contact you to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions, including by email, mail, or telephone. We will always act having regard to your preferences (you can see below how to manage your preferences).
- We may also contact you directly via social media in relation to any competitions and/or prize draws you have entered.
- Make sure materials on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
- Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
- Assess and understand our clients’ feedback;
- If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
How do we gather information?
Information is gathered in the following ways:
- Indirectly (e.g. using website technology); and
- Directly (e.g. when you purchase from Truly Experiences; submit your personal information via online form, email, chat or phone; subscribe to our newsletter or otherwise provide your information when you interact with us).
- Through your device (e.g. mobile, PC or tablet) where you have enabled location services for the applicable browser. This may be used for location targeted services or advertising in accordance with your preferences, which may be adjusted either on your device, server or website preferences.
How do we know you want to hear from us?
We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS or post.
However, our policy is as follows:
If you contact us via email, phone, post or via online form, we deem this as granting explicit permission for us to contact you, as this contact will be directly related to using our services. You will not be able to opt-out of these services.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, you must opt-in and can unsubscribe at any time
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
After 13 months of inactivity (unopened emails or not using our website), we will remove your customer profile, including information about your browsing behaviour and preferences. We will only retain records directly related to your redemption and/or purchase.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we are required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf.
We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
We do not store your credit card or debit card details.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in order to carry out the activities listed in “How we use your Information”.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access and erase personal information held about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Block K, Unit 401, Tower Bridge Business Complex, London, SE16 4DG or email [email protected] You will have to provide proof of identification.
You must have provided consent for us to use your data and have the right to withdraw this at anytime. For more information on this, see section “How we use your information”.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
We use the following types of cookie:
Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our clients use the website (e.g. your landing page or products you’ve visited).
Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible and remember your settings preferences (e.g products added to cart).
We use Google AdWords,Google Analytics remarketing, Facebook Custom Audiences and Facebook Dynamic Remarketing to market our sites across the web. We place a cookie on a browser, and then a 3rd party (Google/Facebook) reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of this ad serving on Google’s and Facebook’s opt out pages. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We track conversions from various advertising sources, including Facebook, by using tracking code.
Managing your Cookie preferences
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We will always do our utmost to ensure the links we provide are safe and secure – it’s in best interests of you and us – but we do stress that we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We therefore encourage you to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this Policy
If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at [email protected] and we will try to solve the problem promptly.
Last Updated: May 23, 2022