Healdsburg Wineries, nestled in the the heart of Sonoma Wine Country, offers some of the country’s top wineries alongside charming small-town allure.
Yet, the crowning glory of Healdsburg is its pivotal position at the crossroads of three prominent wine regions: Alexander Valley, Russian River Valley, and Dry Creek Valley. This unique confluence lends Healdsburg its unrivaled stature in the world of wineries.
How Many Wineries are In Healdsburg
There are 425 wineries in Sonoma Valley in total. Of the whopping 425 wineries, 92 of these are located in and around Healdsburg.
The Top 8 Best Wineries In Healdsburg
There are some truly wonderful wineries in Healdsburg, it is almost impossible to choose 8 out of the 92. But we feel that these have the finest wines, architecture, ambience, vineyard views, and serenely luxurious settings.
Jordan Vineyards & Winery
- 1200 acre estate located 5 miles North of Downtown Healdsburg
- Estate tours and elegant wine tastings
- 3-hour food and wine pairing tour set amongst the gardens, lakes and vineyards
- 90-minute wine tour and library tasting
- Known for its Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Reservations required
- Address: 1474 Alexander Valley Road, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-431-5250
MacRostie Winery & Vineyards
- Known for its Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
- 20 acres of vineyard and estate
- 60 minute seated tastings
- Glass walled tasting room, the walls are lifted in good weather for you to feel like you’re sipping your wine in the vineyard
- Side and front terrace seating options with hillside views
- Reservation required for the seated tasting
- Address: 4605 Westside Road, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-473-9303
Silver Oak Alexander Valley
- Known exclusively for their Cabernet Sauvignon
- Located 10 miles East of downtown Healdsburg
- Their winery is state of the art. It’s considered a fully “green” winery and is LEED-certified
- There are 4 seated tasting options to choose from
- Tours included of their modern building, vineyards and culinary gardens
- Address: 7300 Highway 128, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-942-7082
J. Rochioli Vineyards & Winery
- One of the oldest operating wineries in Healdsburg, winemaking started here in 1930
- Won awards for their vintage Pinot Noir, in 1985 it was voted the best Pinot Noir in America
- Known for their Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and of course their Pinot Noir
- Estate flights offered
- Outdoor seating available
- Address: 6192 Westside Road, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-433-2305
Seghesio Family Vineyards
View this post on Instagram
- Founded by an Italian man, pre-Prohibition
- Food and wine pairing available
- Menu’s and offerings change depending on the time of year and their event schedule, it’s best to call ahead of time and find out what is on offer
- Known for their menu of exotic Italian wines and their Zinfandel
- Tastings are offered in the garden or on one of their full-sized Bocce Courts
- Address: 700 Grove Street, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-433-3579
View this post on Instagram
- Located in West Dry Creek Road
- Stunning gardens
- Picnic opportunities
- Hosted dinners in the winery and various events hosted all year round
- The barrel room and Patio tastings on offer (more of an introduction to tasting)
- The Cellar room experience has a touch of elegance and sophistication and is run daily between 11am and 2pm. The wine is served with a cheese and charcuterie platter.
- Address: 4085 W. Dry Creek Road, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-431-9600
- Known for lower-alcohol Sirah’s, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir
- Established in 1999
- French-contemporary farmhouse design
- 1 tasting offered with 5 wines and food pairings with artisanal cheese, fruit and charcuterie
- They also offer private tastings at their Reserve and Library with wines and snack-like food pairings
- Address: 7800 Eastside Road, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-836-8822
- Located in downtown Healdsburg
- Casual, relaxed, fun and chilled atmosphere
- Known for their Piedmont varietal wines which are grown in California
- Living-room style service, cosy interior and customised tastings
- Private tastings and pairings are available, but only by reservation
- Address: 132 Plaza St, Healdsburg, CA
- Phone Number: 707-385-9410
How Many Tasting Rooms Are In Healdsburg?
There are 40 tasting rooms in Healdsburg, a number that is quite high considering the size of the town. Due to the fact that Healdsburg is not always a wine industry enthusiasts’ first choice, it’s often a bit quieter than its Napa Valley neighbours which is great. This makes reservations and tastings easier to book. The tasting rooms are well priced, or even sometimes complimentary.
The Top 5 Wines That Healdsburg Is Known For
This crisp and classic wine is one of the staples of the best Healdsburg wineries. You’re guaranteed fresh and aromatic flavours with fruity notes such as grapefruit, pineapple, green apple and honeydew. We suggest trying either the delicious Davis Bynum Virginia’s Block Sauvignon Blanc or the enticing Dry Creek Vineyard Fume Blanc, either of these will gift you the Healdsburg classic wine experience
Healdsburg wineries are known for producing brilliant and unique blends of Chardonnay. The Chardonnay made and blended in this region are known for their balanced blend of toasted caramel and spicy citrus.
We suggest trying out one of these two tasty wines: Balletto Cider Ridge Vineyard Chardonnay or Davis Bynum River West Chardonnay. Dive into either one of these sleek, crisp, velvety bottles of Healdsburg Chardonnay and we guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Some of the best Healdsburg wineries are known to have produced some award-winning bottles of Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir’s rich colour and taste are full of fruity flavours, and the Healdsburg wineries bottles of Pinot flaunt undertones of tart cherry and crisp pomegranate.
Should you wish to indulge in the Pinot Noir experience from the wineries of Healdsburg, then try Balletto Burnside Road Vineyard Pinot Noir or Benovia Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.
Rhône-Style Red Blends
If you are looking for something bold, crisp and succulent, then why not try one of the Rhône-Style Red Blends from Healdsburg. They are the perfect balance between the spicy tang and chocolate melting in your mouth. With hints of blackberry and dark plum, Healdsburg’s classic Rhône-style Red Blends will have you buying the bottles by the case.
If you are wanting to try these classic bottles of red, we recommend one of Healdsburg’s favourites Carol Shelton Florence Vineyard Petite Sirah. Try pairing it with some pork or any roasted meats and you will be pleasantly surprised how well the two complement each other.
The Healdsburg Zinfandel is a real treat and has caught the taste buds of many wine connoisseurs around the globe. It combines boysenberry and juicy strawberry that melts into the mouth.
If you are going to try only one bottle of Healdsburg Winery Zinfandel, then this is the one to try: Dry Creek Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel.
This delicious bottle will leave you with notes of juicy dark chocolate and is one of our top choices for you to try.
The next time you’re planning your wine trip around The United States, don’t forget to include the magical wineries of Healdsburg. With world-class dining, top quality wines, fine hospitality and friendly service, you can’t go wrong!
Born amidst the rolling vineyards of Napa Valley, Chloe’s love for wine was instilled from a young age. This passion led her to the picturesque wine regions of France, where she immersed herself in the rich wine culture and traditions.
Chloe’s dedication to the craft culminated in her becoming a wine sommelier, a testament to her deep knowledge and appreciation for wines.
Jump To a Section Below
- How Many Wineries are In Healdsburg
- The Top 8 Best Wineries In Healdsburg
- How Many Tasting Rooms Are In Healdsburg?
- The Top 5 Wines That Healdsburg Is Known For