If you are lucky enough to be blessed with a mother-in-law, you’ll know that it’s just like having a second mother. Your spouse’s family became your family too when you got married, and your mother-in-law is no exception.
Once you joined the family, she started seeing you as one of her own children, showering you with love in the same way she would one of her own. She’s a special lady indeed, so when it comes to her birthday, you need to make sure that you send her only the best wishes!
However, as with many members of our family that we share a special bond with, it can often be difficult to find the right words to show them just how much they mean to you.
How do you say happy birthday to the best mother-in-law in a way that illustrates your love and appreciation?
Below, we have a few ideas to help get you started on what to write in a birthday card, but remember; the more personal, the better. These messages can be used as a stepping stone for creating a sweet, personal, funny or meaningful note to your mother-in-law on her birthday.
Jump To a Section Below
Funny Birthday Wishes For Your Mother-In-Law
Everyone loves a joke on their birthday, and you have undoubtedly shared plenty with your mother-in-law over the years. Take a look at some of our funny birthday wishes for her on her special day:
- When my husband is being an absolute idiot, you are always the first person I call, because you’re the only one who really understands what I’m dealing with! Thanks for all your support. Happy birthday to my mother-in-law!
- We are just like Thelma and Louise, except without Brad Pitt. And I hope none of us die soon. Okay, maybe we’re not like Thelma and Louise, but you are one of my best friends. I’m so lucky to have a mother-in-law like you! Thank you for all that you do.
- Most people hate and fear their mother-in-law – but not me, I have the best one! I really enjoy spending time with you and am thankful for all that you do for me and the rest of the family. Happy birthday to you. Thank you for making all of our lives wonderful.
- When I married your son, I gained a second mother. Don’t tell him, but you are by far my favourite! Happy birthday to you, you amazing, supportive and wonderful woman. Sending you all of my love and best wishes on this special day.
- Our relationship is a lot like Chinese food. Sometimes it’s sweet and sour, and sometimes it’s a little bit too spicy. I wouldn’t change it for anything – it’s still delicious! I am so glad to have a mother-in-law like you. Happy birthday! You mean the world to me.
- I know it’s weird, but I really enjoy spending time with you! Are you sure we’re doing this mother and daughter in law thing right? Happy birthday. Thank you for all of the laughs and all of the good times. I wish you nothing but continued joy throughout the coming year!
Happy Birthday Mother-In-Law Quotes
Birthdays are an excellent time to share some special quotes with your mother-in-law. These are some of our favourites that will help you wish happy birthday to the best mother-in-law around:
- “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain.
Happy birthday to you, my sweet mother-in-law! May this year be blessed and filled with everything you love.
- “You don’t get older; you just get better.” – Shirley Bassey. Happy birthday to the woman who just keeps getting better and better. I wish you all the joy and happiness you could possibly want in the coming year. Love to you always.
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey. Let us raise a glass and celebrate you today. Happy birthday to my dearest mother-in-law! Wishing you all the best in this coming year.
- “Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art.” – Garson. Happiest of birthdays to you, my sweet mother-in-law! May your art continue to shine in the coming year and beyond.
- “The greatest gift you can give to others is the gift of unconditional love and acceptance.” – Brian Tracy. Happy birthday to you, my beloved mother-in-law! Thank you for always giving us the greatest gifts. Sending you love today and always.
Sincere Birthday Wishes For Your Mother-In-Law
Who wouldn’t want a sweet and sincere message on their birthday? Send your mother-in-law a message that will really make her day:
- Happy birthday to my mother-in-law We may seem distant to others, but I know that you’re always there when I need you. Thank you everything you do.
- I am so blessed not only to have gained another mother through marriage, but a best friend too. I hope your birthday is just as spectacular as you are. Happy birthday!
- I want my daughters to be just like you: sophisticated, beautiful and charming. You are the epitome of a woman who has it all! I am eternally thankful that they have a wonderful role model like you in their lives. Happy birthday!
- They say that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but that’s not true: mother in laws are! Thank you for being one of my best friends, thank you for all the laughs and thank you for all the joy that you bring. Happy birthday!
- There are so many things in the world that sparkle: stars, diamonds, glitter… none shine more brightly than you, though. Happy birthday to the mother-in-law with the best personality. Thank you for all of your love, dedication and support.
- Having a spouse with such a caring soul and impeccable behaviour is a true testament to what an excellent job his mother did in raising him. Thank you for being the best mom and the best mother-in-law imaginable. Happy birthday to you! We love you!
Saying happy birthday to the best mother-in-law in the world is easy with our ideas. Choose any one of these options or use them as inspiration to pen a card that makes an impression in just the right way!