Do you have a loved one celebrating birthday in heaven? Losing a loved one is tough. It becomes especially hard when special occasions like wedding anniversaries or birthdays go by and we wish nothing more than to have them by our side.
It can be incredibly difficult to express what you want to say on a day like their birthday. You probably feel overwhelmed by a range of emotions as you reflect on the wonderful times you had together, as well as the immeasurable sadness of not having them with you anymore.
Regardless of whether or not they’re still here, we can always take a moment to wish them a happy birthday in heaven.
We know how hard that can be, so we have put together a list of beautiful birthday wishes for those in heaven, whether it be your mom, dad, brother, sister, grandma or friend.
Happy Birthday in Heaven Mom
The loss of your mom will always run deep, but we hope these birthday wishes will help you to remember the beautiful bond you’ll always share.
- Whenever I look up at the stars, I take comfort in knowing that you’re up there shining bright. You were the best mom in the whole world. I wish we could celebrate this occasion together, but I know you are having a special day in eternal paradise.
- I have cried so many times, but I know that all the tears in the world will never bring you back. As you celebrate your birthday in Heaven, I wish you everlasting peace and happiness. I miss you, Mom. Happy birthday!
- To me, you have always had a halo above your head because you have always been a saint. I hope you enjoy your birthday in Heaven with the other angels. We miss you so much, Mom. Happy birthday.
- I can’t hold back my tears. I miss you and I am sad that you are no longer with us. But at the same time, I know you are happier and in a much better place. I know you are smiling down on me from heaven. May you have a glorious heavenly birthday, Mom.
- Happy birthday Mom, there is not one day that I am not thinking about you. While you may not be with us, I hope you know that you are always in my heart and I will never forget all that you have taught us. Have a very happy birthday in Heaven Mom, I love you.
- Dear Mom, happy birthday to you. I hope you are doing well up there and have found much peace and happiness in a place far away. I miss you and will always do.
- To the best Mom anyone can ever have, happy birthday in heaven. Thank you for teaching me to be strong, independent and courageous. I will live with your passion burning in my heart.
- Happy birthday to the best mom in the universe, the one that always puts others before herself, the one who is always so patient and caring. And the one that taught me how to live life. I will always remember you mom, happy birthday.
See more Birthday Wishes for Mom >>
Happy Birthday Dad in Heaven
Although he may no longer be with you on earth, he’ll always be in your heart. Find the right words to wish your dad happy birthday with these touching tributes.
- Today, I remember and celebrate the remarkable life of the most incredible friend, mentor, idol and father. We were not just my dad, but my best friend too. Happy birthday, Dad. You are my eternal hero.
- I am sending all my love and prayers to my Dad today, on what would have been his birthday. Happy birthday, Dad! You are the brightest star in the sky, and I know you are always with me.
- Living without you is harder than I could ever imagine, Dad. But every day, I try my best to carry on and be happy, because I know that’s what you would have wanted. Wishing a happy heavenly birthday to you today, my beloved Father.
- I wish I could spend just one more birthday with you, Dad. I wish I could see the delight on your face when we bring you your birthday cake and presents. Every year, I will continue to celebrate every birthday in your honour, and you will live forever in my heart. Happy birthday, Dad. I love you so much.
- Happy birthday to my hero, my idol, my role model. Till this day, I will never forget your teachings, your jokes, your lessons and all the wonderful memories we had together. I love you so much.
- Growing up, I always had my dad to remind me, to nag at me, and to guide me. While he may not be with me today on his birthday, I will always remember his teachings. Dear dad, happy birthday and I love you.
- No amount of birthday wishes can convey how much I love you and want you beside me on your special day. Your birthday will always be a special day to honour you and I hope you are doing well in Heaven, happy birthday my mentor in life.
- On this very special day, we honour one of the greatest human beings I know, my dad. My dad was not just a dad, he was an incredible one and one that would shower me with an endless amount of love. Thank you dad for all that you have done and I wish you a very happy birthday.
See more Birthday Wishes for Dad >>
Happy Birthday in Heaven Brother
The loss of a brother will always resonate, but these wishes can help you to express how much he meant to you, and the lasting impression he made on your life.
- Treasured memories on your birthday, Brother: I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday and will tomorrow too. I think of you in silence and make no outward show. For what it meant to lose you, only those you loved you know. Remembering you is easy, I do it every day. It’s just the heartache of losing you that will never go away. Happy birthday to you, my beloved brother.
- Happy birthday to my dear brother in Heaven. Always in my heart and forever by my side. I miss you every day. May you rest in eternal paradise.
- I know you’re watching over me from up there. I want you to know that you are very much alive in my heart and I miss you every day. Our special memories together will never fade away. I love you more than words can say. Happy birthday in Heaven, my sweet brother.
- Even though you are no longer here with me, I know that you are guiding me from above. You were always there for me through thick and thin and nothing has changed. Happy birthday in Heaven, my brother. I know you are celebrating up there with the angels.
- Gone are the days where we would bicker and fight over lil things, I hope you found someone to bicker with up there too. Thank you for always taking care of me and protecting me. Always thinking of you, and even more on your birthday. Happy birthday bro.
- I wished you could be here as we celebrate your birthday. You would love all the chatter, decorations, food, and company. I’m always thinking of you and I wish you a very happy birthday.
See more Birthday Wishes for Your Brother >>
Happy Birthday In Heaven Sister
If you’re missing your sister, we hope these wishes add comfort.
- I know that Heaven needed more angels, which is why they called you there. I just wish the departure was delayed a bit longer. I miss you every day, but especially today, on your Heavenly birthday. I know we will meet again in Eternity. I love you so much. Happy birthday, my sweet sister!
- My darling sister, the light that you brought into my life still illuminates every step I take, even though you are no longer here with me. You were such a wonderful presence in my life. As you sit in Heaven looking down on me, I want to thank you for all the happiness you brought me while you were here on earth. Happy birthday, my sister. I miss you every day.
- Wishing my sweet sister a wonderful happy birthday! I wish I could see you every day, but on special days like today, I feel your absence most. But I know you are celebrating with the angels. I miss you endlessly.
- My one wish is that Heaven’s holy angels chant the most beautiful song for you as you celebrate your birthday. I miss you a lot, my sweet sister. Happy birthday.
- Dear sister, you were always so caring, so compassionate, and spreading joy to the people around you. I believe you are too, making the people around you happy in Heaven. Happy birthday to my best sister ever, I love you.
- I must have done something great in my previous life to have you as my sister. Thank you for always teaching me to be live life with courage and to always help others. I will try my best to be as great of a person as you are. To my very special sister, happy birthday.
See more Birthday Wishes for Your Sister >>
Happy Birthday In Heaven Grandma
Grandmothers are true gifts and saying happy birthday to them helps us to remember just how precious they are, now and forever.
- Looking back on photos of you when you were younger, I find myself wishing that I could go back in time and meet you when you were my age. I just know we would have been the best of friends! I hope the angels in Heaven are celebrating your birthday with you as much as we are on earth. Happy heavenly birthday, Grandma! We miss you every day.
- Your wit, grace and kindness brought beauty into our lives that no one else can ever replace. We miss you every day, Grandma. May you have the most wonderful happy birthday in Heaven. I hope the angels are celebrating you in the best way you deserve!
- Grandma, you were always able to simplify any problem I ever had. No matter what happened, you were always there to love and support me. Even though I cannot turn to you for hugs anymore, I still feel protected by you from above. Happy birthday, Grandma. I miss you every day.
- The recipe for a perfect Grandma was thrown out after they made you. They added plenty of love, just like you did in everything you did for us. On your birthday, I hope the angels are celebrating you just as much as you deserve. Happy birthday, Grandma! We miss you every day.
- I was so lucky to have you by my side for so much of my life. I never felt alone because you were always there for me. Even though you are no longer here with me, your strength and grace still see me through the most difficult situations. Thank you for everything you ever did for me. Wishing you an amazingly happy birthday, Grandma!
- Growing up, I always had you by my side, so it’s tough that you are no longer with me. Thank you for teaching us the meaning of kindness and grace, you have been the best teacher I ever have and I wish you a very happy birthday wherever you are.
Happy Birthday in Heaven Friend
Losing a friend is always devastating. These wishes can help you to remember them as they were, and the amazing times you shared.
- Today is your birthday in Heaven above. I am sending you blessings on the wings of a dove, not only for today, but every day hereof. I think of you always, my love! Happy birthday to you, my friend. I miss you every day.
- I want you to know that even though you are no longer here, I think about you every single day. There are just so many lessons that you taught me and that I always reflect on. I miss your smile; I miss your laughter and I miss your amazing sense of humour. Heaven is lucky to have an angel as funny as you are. Happy birthday, my sweet friend! I wish you were here, and I miss you every day.
- You are still a big part of my life, if only in spirit. It is not easy now that you’re gone. Every night, I say a prayer for you. I miss you. True friends are hard to find and I am sad that we cannot celebrate your birthday together. Happy birthday to you. I still treasure every memory we shared.
- We all miss you each and every day, but especially today. I know that wherever you are, you’re having a great birthday and watching over us. Today, we celebrate your life.
- Your birthday is finally here, and even though you are no longer with us on earth, I will still celebrate just like we always did. I wish upon a star that you carry my love with you wherever you are. Happy birthday to you, my friend! There will never be enough words to let you know just how much I miss you so. Sending you plenty of light and laughter on your special day!
- You were taken away from us too soon, but I trust that you are in a better place. You have been my best pal and I still talk to the sky as if I was talking to you. I hope you are doing well in Heaven, happy birthday my friend.
- Happy birthday my dear friend, the one that knows how to have a good time, the one that is always looking out for others. I miss you and hope you are doing well. Happy birthday!
- Remember how we used to fight? But within a few hours we would make up and laugh about our fights. I would give anything to squabble with you again. But you are gone… I will cherish our memories and never forget all the happiness that you have brought to my life. I miss you so much, happy birthday best friend.
See our Birthday Wishes For A Beautiful Lady >>
A loved one’s birthday is always special, no matter whether they are still here, or have left this world. We hope these heartfelt birthday wishes and happy birthday messages inspire you and help you through a difficult day.
I am an experienced writer specializing in travel, food, weddings, and well-being. Continuing my nomadic lifestyle I am currently based on the beautiful island of Malta.