A committed, loving relationship is a thing of beauty, and it’s always worth celebrating. Whether it’s a marriage, partnership or any other momentous union, the anniversary of its beginning deserves to be marked.
But as you probably know from experience, choosing wedding anniversary gifts is not easy and writing a meaningful message that says more than the standard “Happy anniversary” can be next to impossible.
If that sounds like your experience, don’t worry!
If you’re struggling with what to write in your anniversary card, we’ve got what you need to craft a meaningful message that celebrates love.
Wedding Anniversary Messages – The Ingredients
Innumerable things have been written about love over millennia, but nothing has been able to fully express its mystery and magic. No wonder writing anniversary card messages can be so tricky!
By following this step-by-step guide, you can ensure your ‘Happy Anniversary’ message includes everything that should be there.
- Start with a salutation – If you’re writing the card for your partner or spouse, address them by the name you usually call them, whether that’s their first name, a nickname, or a term of endearment.If the card is for your parents, address it to ‘Mom and Dad’ or the names you usually call them. If your card is intended for friends, use their names or nicknames. Remember, you’re not writing a formal letter or business communication, so be sure to include the personal touch.
- Write a message to the couple – Your message should reflect your bond with the recipient(s). If the anniversary card is for your husband or wife, you can remind them of why you love them or mention a special memory you’ve shared. If the card is for parents or friends, your message can include a special memory or an inside joke.
- Write a wish for the recipient(s) – Include good wishes for the day and the future.Include an anniversary quote – Whether you use a quote from a famous author, an unknown poet, or one of our suggested lines below, choose one that will resonate with the recipient(s).
- Include the traditional greeting: “Happy anniversary!”
- End with a warm closing: such as, “With love to you both,” or “Heartfelt congratulations.”
Happy Anniversary Wishes For Your Wife
Your anniversary is the perfect opportunity to rekindle the spark of romance that may have dimmed a bit due to the daily grind. Remind your wife that she’s the one you chose to spend the rest of your life with and make every word in your card count.
Our suggestions for a special message for your wife are:
- You’re the sun in my sky, the moon to my stars, and the silver lining on my clouds. You complete me, and I am the luckiest man to be able to love you all day, every day.
- If I had the chance to live my life again, I would ask you to marry me sooner so we could be together for longer. Happy anniversary, darling.
- Marrying you made me the luckiest man alive. I cherish every moment I spend with you, my love. Happy anniversary.
- I never thought it was possible to love someone as much as I love you. Thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself wrong.
- Your love for me has made me a better man. Thank you for being my sanctuary. Happy anniversary!
- I loved you then, I love you still. Always have, always will.
Happy Anniversary Wishes For Your Husband
Whether he’ll appreciate a heartfelt message or a joke that will make him laugh, let your anniversary wishes for your husband let him know how happy you are to have him in your life. Remind him of how much you love him with these words or similar:
- Another year to live with you, another year to laugh with you, another year to love you. Thank you for being my husband, my lover, and my best friend. Happy anniversary!
- We’ve made amazing memories together so far, and I can’t wait to make more with you. Happy anniversary!
- Every time I look at you, I know that our love is true. Thank you for making me the happiest and the luckiest woman on the planet. Happy anniversary!
- Every day brings me another reason to love you. I cherish having you in my life. Happy anniversary, darling.
Happy Anniversary Wishes For Couples
Congratulate the happy couple on another 365 days side by side. These wedding anniversary wishes for couples have all the right about of humour, sentimentality and a just a little bit of naughtiness!
- Happy Anniversary! May you celebrate many more years together, withstanding the tests of time to emerge stronger and happier.
- You two complete each other in every way possible. May God bless you with many more years of blissful married life!
- Here’s to you: May the worst troubles be behind you, may the best years be ahead of you, and may love always be between you. Happy Anniversary.
- You two were made for each other and nothing else matters. Wishing the best anniversary ever!
- To the greatest couple ever, happy anniversary! You two are absolutely perfect for each other, I wish you all the best!
Anniversary Wishes For Parents
The love between your parents is something special, and you’re one of the results of it!
Your parents were your first example of love, commitment and the joys and sacrifices that go into making a relationship work. Celebrate their wedding anniversary with a meaningful message:
- Happy anniversary to two people who show what it means to be friends, lovers and pillars of support. Thank you for your example and your love.
- Your tolerance has taught us patience, your bond has taught us teamwork, your support has taught us solidarity, and your laughter has taught us humour. Happy anniversary, Mum and Dad!
- You taught me to reach for the best, and your marriage is proof that you knew what you were talking about. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. I love you.
Anniversary Wishes For A Boyfriend/Girlfriend
Anniversary cards aren’t only for married couples. If you and your boyfriend or girlfriend have been dating for a year or more, you probably want to celebrate your anniversary.
Here are a few great ideas for loving wishes:
- I’m grateful for yesterday’s memories, today’s joys, and tomorrow’s hopes. I love you. Happy anniversary!
- Nothing is perfect, but our love gets pretty close. Happy anniversary, love!
- Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for a love that we can celebrate. Happy anniversary!
- You’re my favourite. My favourite pair of eyes to look into. My favourite name to see appear on my phone. My favourite way to spend an afternoon You’re my favourite everything.
Anniversary Wishes For Friends
If close friends are celebrating their wedding anniversary, make their day even more special by giving them a card with a message that comes from your heart. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Happy anniversary to one of the best and most beautiful couples I know. May your love for one another continue to grow.
- Forget about romance novels and chick flicks – yours is the love story we all want. Happy anniversary!
- The love you share brightens our world. We love you, and hope you have a happy anniversary!
Funny Anniversary Wishes
- Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband. Happy anniversary!
- Happy anniversary to the one I want to annoy for the rest of my days!
- Today we celebrate the best decision you ever made. Happy anniversary.
- Happy anniversary from the best thing that ever happened to you.
- On our anniversary, I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed annoying you all this time & how excited I am to keep doing so in the future.
- Marriage is finding the person who puts up with your sh*t, admires your weird little ways, and still says they love you at the end of the day.
- Marry the one who gives you the same feeling you get when you see food coming at a restaurant.
Happy Anniversary Quotes
Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to put your love into your own words. Use one of these heartfelt anniversary quotes to help you express how much they mean to you:
- “The perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other” – Kate Stewart
- “You know you are in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. / In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
- “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew it.” – William Shakespeare
- “Some love stories aren’t epic novels. Some are short stories. But that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.” – Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you.” – Unknown
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – A.A. Milne, Winne the Pooh
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” Virginia Woolf
- “I lost my way all the way to you and in you, I found all the way back to me.” – Atticus
- “I don’t want perfection. I want someone just as screwed up as I am and loves just as hard.” J. Iron Word
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
- “I love you, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
You can make sure that your anniversary card hits the right note with these loved-up messages. Pick the one that resonates with you or use it as inspiration to pen a personal wish that comes right from the heart.