Fluorite is multi-colored mineral known for its powerful energetic healing properties and mesmerising physical beauty.
The fluorite stone received its name from the fluorescent luminance that it emits when held under certain angles of UV light, giving it a magical glowing appearance. This enigmatic crystal can be found in a wide variety of different shades and colors, and each of them are as captivating as the next.
Known for its ability to absorb negative energy and transmute it into positive energy, fluorite is the perfect crystal companion for any person experiencing spiritual or existential burnout. Simply being in the same environment as this crystal can raise your vibration and enhance your natural aura.
Amongst many other benefits, applying fluorite’s healing properties to your life will give you clarity of mind. Let’s find out more about this powerful stone and the various ways it can improve your life.
What Is The Meaning Of Fluorite Crystal?
This potent crystal represents a number of different meanings.
Fluorite is a stone heralded for its spiritual detoxification abilities and tendency to transform negative energy into positive energy, boosting our mental clarity and promoting peace of mind.
The origin of the word “fluorite” comes from the Latin word flux, which means to flow interchangeably. This word both refers to the way in which fluorite’s colors seem to shift and blend in the light, as well as the way it unblocks stagnant energy and promotes energetic flow.
Depending on its color, fluorite can mean different things. The rainbow variety of shades that fluorite crystals possess influence the body and mind in a variety of ways, such as:
- White/Clear fluorite – clear fluorite stimulates mental clarity and foresight. As with many clear crystals, this type of fluorite pairs well with other crystals and creates harmony wherever it goes.
- Green fluorite – the green fluorite stone variety is closely associated with the heart chakra. Providing support for all things heart and emotion-related, green fluorite is perfect for people struggling with heartbreak or grief.
- Blue fluorite – this vivid blue crystal represents the throat chakra and your voice. You may use it to strengthen communication skills and elevate honesty, transparency, and authenticity.
- Purple fluorite – similar in color and meaning to amethyst, purple fluorite is the picture of peace. Connecting to the crown chakra, this stone promotes spiritual awakening and represents protection and love in your life.
- Yellow fluorite – like a golden ray of light, the yellow fluorite crystal is here to support you with confidence and joy. Affiliated with the solar plexus chakra, yellow fluorite stimulates self-assurance and positive intentions.
- Rainbow fluorite – simultaneously grounding and spiritually elevating, rainbow fluorite provides a deeper connection to intuition and can even enhance psychic abilities. Some people say rainbow fluorite also makes you more creative.
Regardless of the color that your fluorite crystal is, the overarching meaning behind this mineral is a message of energetic neutralisation and transformation.
Benefits And Healing Properties Of Fluorite
A fluorite stone is more than just a pretty face – people have been using this crystal as a means for holistic healing for thousands of years.
From a spiritual and emotional perspective, fluorite can assist in a number of different ways. Because of its naturally neutralising effect, fluorite can help sweep out old, stagnant energies and introduce freshness and clarity of mind.
For those of us that struggle to let go of worries and anxieties, the fluorite stone can be very useful. Its powerful cleansing energy clears out old thoughts and patterns so that clarity, peace, and healthy change can occur.
From a physical perspective, fluorite can also provide us with many healing benefits. Along with energetic cleansing, the fluorite crystal brings with it the ability to perform physical cleansing and detoxification.
Many people use fluorite as an antiviral stone that flushes out toxins and harmful viruses from the body. It can also be placed strategically in the home for a powerful Feng Shui harmonic effect.
Where to Buy Fluorite Online?
There are plenty of places to buy this gem online. From specialty online shops to online giants like Amazon.
Our recommendation is to browse Amazon first to get a sense of prices, variety, and quality. Then do a detailed comparison online. Another specialty retailer is TinyRituals, which only sells gemstones of grade AA or higher.
How To Use Fluorite Crystal?
Discovering the powers and properties of fluorite is one thing, but knowing how to apply them to your everyday life is another.
Fortunately, there are many easy and simple ways to incorporate fluorite crystals into your life and fully receive their plethora of benefits.
- Place it in your home – leave a fluorite crystal next to your bed or on your work desk to continuously cleanse your energy and promote love and gratitude within the home. In addition to being a detoxifier, fluorite is very pretty and makes a great decoration.
- Meditate with it – many people choose to absorb their crystal’s healing properties by meditating with them. You can place fluorite on your lap, in your hands, or simply place it close to your body as you spend time being mindful.
- Wear it as jewellery – another simple yet fun way to allow fluorite’s powers to influence you is to wear it as jewellery. Whether you pick earrings, a necklace, or an energy-enhancing bracelet, you can rely on fluorite to make you look and feel your best.
Some people like to put their crystals in drinking water to promote health and vitality. It is very important to note that fluorite is water-soluble and should never be added to drinking water as serious internal damages could occur. Fluorite is not safe to ingest.
How To Cleanse And Charge Fluorite Crystal?
Each crystal has a unique way of being cleansed and charged for optimal energetic results. Just like humans, crystals can get sapped of their energy and need a top-up before they can truly shine.
Because fluorite crystals are water-soluble (meaning they can dissolve in water), they should not be cleansed in water. Instead, you can refresh your fluorite stone by smudging it with sage smoke or allowing it to bathe in the light of the full moon overnight.
How Can You Tell If Fluorite Is Real?
It’s easy to tell if fluorite is real as it will glow brightly under UV light. As the stone is also very soft it will have tiny scratches all over it.
In contrast, fake fluorite will be made of glass or plastic and it won’t glow under UV. It is also likely to have bubbles and a surface that doesn’t feature the same scratches.
What Are Fluorite Colors?
Just like the rainbow, fluorite comes available in a wide berth of uniquely beautiful and mesmerising colors. Clear, green, blue, purple and yellow are perhaps the most commonly colored forms of fluorite, but rainbow fluorite is considered a favourite.
Contrary to what its name might suggest, rainbow fluorite does not actually contain all the colors of the rainbow. Instead, it takes on a hypnotic blend of deep purple and green, with varying shades of each color interwoven.
Rainbow fluorite presents a powerful combination of two beautiful colors that make something truly special when united. The uniqueness of each rainbow stone is also what contributes to its wow factor.
What Is The Rarest Color Of Fluorite?
Despite how special the rainbow fluorite stone is, individually colored fluorite stones are actually the rarest mineral types available. The brighter and more vivid the hue, the rarer and more valuable the stone becomes.
Blue and yellow are considered the two rarest colors of fluorite. However, it is impossible to truly say which is the rarest as the market is constantly changing and color is not the only thing collectors look for when assessing the rarity of a gem.
Is Fluorite Expensive?
The cost of a fluorite crystal will depend greatly on its cut, clarity, color, and size.
Some stones can be priced highly, costing buyers upwards of $400 apiece, but most fluorite crystals are affordably priced and accessible from small-scale and large-scale merchants across the world.
What Crystals Go With Fluorite?
By building up a collection of crystals whose energies harmonize with one another, you can experience even higher levels of energetic healing and inspiration.