Are you wracking your brains to find the right way to send an engagement wishes and congratulate a friend on their new engagement? Trying to decide what to write in your engagement card can be a challenge, but we’ve got you covered.
There are many different formats for engagement cards. Yours could be a card from your local stationary shop, a homemade card, a tiny tag attached to a gift, or even a digitally-created message.
Just remember, a personalised approach is always best and if you need help getting started, here are some excellent ideas.
Sweet & Sentimental Engagement Wishes for Your Best Friend
- A friendship like yours shines like the sun and I’m not surprised you found your perfect one! May you and your soulmate enjoy many years to come.
- As your best friend, I have seen you both grow individually and as a couple. Here’s wishing the pair of you happiness, joy, love and many special moments together. Congratulations on your engagement.
- Being your childhood friend, I know everything about you. You’d better be having a special engagement party or I’ll tell your [fiancé/fiancée] everything. Congratulations, mate!
- Best friend, I am overjoyed for you and your [fiancé/fiancée]. I can’t wait to help you plan the wedding of your dreams! Here’s wishing you both a long and happy life together.
- Best wishes on your engagement, beloved friend. You are getting married to the [man/woman] of your dreams. It’s fantastic news and I wish you a very happy engagement. Remember to enjoy the cherished moments you’ll be sharing together.
- Bestie, our friendship means the world to me. You’ve always been there for me. While I never wanted to have to share you, you couldn’t have picked a better person for me to do that with. You two make a wonderful couple. Congratulations!
- Congratulations from someone who’s known you since we were both knee-high to a grasshopper. I am so excited for you, my sweetest friend.
- Congratulations on your engagement, from your forever-best friend. When it comes to picking someone to spend the rest of your life with, you’ve done an excellent job. I’m honoured to be able to be a part of your new life together.
- Growing up, we dreamed of our weddings and how wonderful they would be. Now yours is finally here! May it be everything you ever wanted and your life ahead more than you could have ever imagined. Congratulations, best friend!
- Hold on to each other’s hand tightly and fulfil every one of the goals you set yourself. In this new chapter of life, I wish the best for you. Happy engagement, dearest friend!
- I am so excited about this incredible journey you two are about to embark on. I wish you both endless joy and am sending you all the warm wishes in the world. I am so happy for you!
- I’m emotional because we’ve been through so much together and now you’re engaged to someone as wonderful as you. Congratulations, bestie.
- I’m thrilled for you, sweet friend. Your childhood dream of marrying a [prince/princess] is coming true. May you both live happily ever after.
- I wish you only the best, my precious friend. Remember to enjoy the many cherished moments to come as you get ready for this exciting journey. Happy engagement, bestie!
- My beloved best friend, congratulations on your engagement!
- My compliments to your [future bride/groom]. [He/she] has made the best choice for a lifetime partner. May your years together be many and composed of all you’ve ever dreamed of, precious friends.
- My two best friends are about to become [husband and wife/husband and husband/wife and wife]! Please accept my best wishes on your engagement.
- Your friendship is so precious to me, and I’ve always thought of you as a gift from heaven. I’ve got to say, your [fiancé/fiancée] seems to have come from the same cloud as you! Congratulations on what is sure to be a blessed union.
- You’ve always been my best friend and I’m so happy that you’ve found a love who is worthy of you. Congratulations on your engagement and what will no doubt be a perfect wedding and a happy marriage.
- My dear best friend, please accept my heartiest congratulations on getting engaged to your beloved and entering the next phase of your life. Love and blessings to you both.
Engagement Wishes for Your Friend Who Loves a Joke
- Congratulations on avoiding becoming a [crazy cat lady/lonely car guy]!
- Congratulations on making it official that you can love, honour and annoy [insert partner’s name] until the end of time!
- Congratulations on your engagement! I can’t wait to ugly-cry at your wedding!
- Congratulations on your engagement! I’m so excited about the open bar at the wedding!
- Congratulations to the one couple whose wedding I actually want to attend!
- The engagement is the first of three: the engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffer-ing! Congratulations, you two.
- I couldn’t be happier than I am right now, hearing about your engagement for the first time! Remember, I’m here for whatever you need, whether it’s addressing hundreds of envelopes or bringing some of that old emergency wine over when you’re stressing out after midnight.
Actually, there’s never been a time when I wouldn’t have been delighted to bring you emergency wine. It’s just nice that we’ve finally got an official excuse!
- I am still amazed that you managed to score someone as amazing as [ partner’s name]. Congratulations. Can’t wait to party hard!
- I’m 90 % happy for you and only 10 % jealous. Congratulations!
- I’m so lucky to call you both my friends! I can’t wait to be able to call you [husband and wife/husband and husband/wife and wife], too!
- I’m so happy about your engagement! Enjoy being [fiancé and fiancée/fiancé and fiancé/fiancée and fiancée]!
- I’m so glad you two weirdos found each other. Good luck and congratulations!
- Please accept my most heartfelt congratulations on you making the best decision of your life so far. No, not [partner’s name]! I mean selecting me to be your matron of honour/best man!
- People celebrate getting out of prison. Yet here you are, celebrating the fact that you are voluntarily entering one. For life, no less! Congratulations anyhow.
- So I guess the two of you are pretty serious then. Congratulations!
- “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” [Ogden Nash]
- You each gained a ring and a life partner and I’m the happy new owner of third-wheel status forever and ever! Honestly? I couldn’t be happier!
- You’re engaged! When is “too soon” to start the hen/stag night party? Asking for your friend…” Congratulations to the pair of you.
- You can never again laugh at the choices [partner’s name] makes. Mate, you’re now one of them! Congratulations.
- Who cares about the engagement? I can’t wait to go shopping for your [wedding gown with you as your bridesmaid/your tuxedo as your groomsman]. Congratulations!
Heartfelt Engagement Wishes
- “An engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and the beginning of an eternal love story.” [author unknown]
- Best wishes for a fun-filled future as you both embark on a brand-new adventure.
- Best wishes for a long, happy life together.
- Congratulations to a dear friend and their [fiancée/ fiancé].
- Congratulations on the engagement and please accept my best wishes for the years to come.
- Here’s to love and friendship! May your new life together be filled to the brim with both.
- I can’t keep calm and carry on! My friend just got engaged to the love of their life. Congratulations!
- I don’t know anyone luckier than the soon-to-be [bride/groom], except maybe the [groom/bride]! Congratulations to a fortunate couple!
- I’m so happy for you both and can’t wait to enter this new chapter with you.
- I’m so happy for you both and would be very proud to be your official third wheel for the duration of your new lives together.
- I’m so delighted about the news of your engagement! I love you dearly and can’t wait to celebrate with you on your big day and beyond.
- It’s a dream come true! Cheers to your engagement and thanks for our friendship. Here’s to love and marriage.
- I’ve just received the fantastic news that my dear friend has gotten engaged. I wanted to send you a special engagement message as you’re just the most amazing friend. Congratulations to you both as you build your new life together. May you bring each other as much happiness and love as you’ve blessed me with.
- May you bring one another as much happiness as your friendship has brought me.
- May your life together be full of passion, and may your love of one another be full of life.
- May your love for one another always shine brightly. Best wishes on your engagement!
- Of all the major life events we’ve celebrated together so far, this one tops the list. Congratulations!
- “True love is neither physical nor romantic but is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be and will not be.” [author unknown]
- You were made for one another. Congratulations on your engagement!
- You both deserve all the joy, love, and pleasure this world has to offer. Congratulations on your engagement!
Religious Engagement Wishes
- “Ani l’dodi, v’dodi li”/I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine. All my best wishes on your engagement and upcoming wedding. [Shir HaShirim/Song of Songs 6:3]
- Barakallahu laka wabaraka alaikuma wa jama’a bainakuma fi khairin/Let Allah bless you both with love and happiness and many cherished moments of a blissful married life.
- Congratulations! It’s so lovely to hear about your engagement! You both are lucky to have found each other. May God continue to bless you forever more.
- Congratulations on your engagement and remember we’ll all be praying that the two of you will remain firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side-by-side for the faith of the gospel.[Phillippians 1:27]
- Congratulations to the most beautiful couple I know. God bless you both and your life together forever and always.
- Congratulations to you both! Wedding bells are just around the corner and I can’t wait. Good luck and God bless.
- “God bless you both on this day with a lifetime of shared love and joy.” [author unknown]
- “God has poured out His love into [your] hearts.” Congratulations to the two of you on your engagement. [Romans 5:5]
- “Love is patient. Love is kind… Love never fails.” Congratulations on your engagement. [1 Corinthians 13:4-13]
- “May God grant you all of life’s blessings and love’s joys.” [author unknown]
- May your engagement be blessed in the light and love of our father in heaven and may his blessings forever shine down on your marriage.
- May the Lord continue to guide you both in all your plans. Humbly submit to His commands and you’ll be blessed and guided every step of your way together. Congratulations.
- Mazel tov and l’chaim! Best wishes on your engagement. [author unknown]
- “Mazel tov! May the joy that is yours today always fill your life.” [author unknown]
- Now you start this new journey in your life. Subhan Allah! Hope you‘ll always give each other unconditional love. Wishing you the best of luck and the most beautiful life ahead! [author unknown]
- On this joyful occasion, I pray that God blesses you with all the happiness you so richly deserve, dear friends. I love you two so much. Congratulations, guys.
- This is the best news I’ve heard in a long time. Congratulations to you both and may God continue to bless you.
- You’re God’s gift to each other and your family and friends. Congratulations on your engagement!
- What wonderful news! Congratulations on your engagement and may God bless you and the new family you’re about to bring into this world.
It Really Is the Thought That Counts
There are no strict expectations or stringent rules around what to say when you’re sending an engagement card celebrating your friend’s engagement. Whether you want to go the funny route, say something that’s truly from your heart, or honour the upcoming union with a religious quote, the very fact that you’ve taken the time to compose something will go a long way.
Chermaine’s journey into the world of gemstones and crystals began as a child, collecting shimmering stones on family vacations. Today, she’s a certified gemologist and spiritual healer, intertwining the physical beauty of jewels with their metaphysical properties.
Chermaine has traveled to mines in Africa, marketplaces in India, and spiritual retreats in Bali, always seeking to deepen her understanding.