Sisters are special indeed. There’s no bond quite like the one you will have with your sister – she probably knows you better than anyone.
You’ve likely told her most of your secrets and shared some of your life’s most important moments with her. So, when it comes to her birthday, you want to make sure that each and every one she celebrates is just as special as she is.
Your sister is one of your best friends for life, someone you can always rely on, no matter what. She has been alongside you since you were little, through all the best parts of life and worst too.
Let’s take a look at some easy ways to make your sister’s birthday extra special with the perfect message for her card!
Jump To a Section Below
How To Wish Your Sister a Happy Birthday
The more personal the card is, the more heart-warming your sister will find it. Below, you will find some great ways to add the personal touch to your sister’s birthday card:
- If you have a nickname for your sister, address the card using it. She will love the special touch, and will no doubt be reminded of the unbreakable bond that you share with her. Similarly, if your sister has a nickname for you, sign the card with that nickname. It will surely put a bright smile on her face!
- If you have an inside joke or reference, incorporate it into the card. Or, if you have a special memory of the two of you, share it in writing. She’ll treasure your words for years to come.
- Think about what makes your sister special; is it her great sense of humour, her impeccable style or perhaps a very unique and special talent? Whatever it may be, try and write a little something that refers to, or encompasses, everything that makes her special. The message you write in her birthday card will go a long way in making her day more memorable.
- Whatever you write, make sure that it comes from the heart. She will appreciate the special effort that you put into her birthday card, and she will undoubtedly love the sentiment.
We’ve come up with a few ideas to help you write the perfect birthday card to go with an amazing gift for her. Feel free to take these messages and adapt them into something that you know your sister will absolutely adore.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Sister
- The best part about being your sister is having a best friend who is almost as pretty as me. Happy birthday, my darling sister!
- To my sister on her birthday: You’re not old, you’re classic! Happy birthday! Sending you lots of love on your special day.
- I could write over a million poems about your elegance and grace… But Mom always taught us not to tell lies! Happy birthday, my sister!
- My darling sister, at times you were a thorn in my side, a worm in my apple and a pimple on my chin – but, through thick and thin, you have always been my sister. Happy birthday, you spontaneous, beautiful, witty and silly lifelong friend! I love you forever!
- They say that wisdom comes with age, but it looks like you still have a few more years until you get there. Happy birthday, my sweet sister! Enjoy it like only you can!
- There are just some people in life who drive you absolutely crazy, but we still love them. They are called sisters. Happy birthday to my favourite sister! I love you more than words can say.
- You drink way too much, you swear way too much and your morals are quite questionable – you are everything I could ever wish for in a sister and more! Happy birthday! Here’s to another year of making your own rules. I love you!
- Today, we celebrate the birth of Mom and Dad’s second favourite child: you. Happy birthday, my darling sister! I love you so much.
- I love my sister so much… because we are the same size. Now I have double the wardrobe! Happy birthday to my dearest sister. Sending you the best wishes on your special day.
- Your birthday is always special to me because it’s one of the only things I never had to share with you when we were kids! Happy birthday to you, my sister. Enjoy YOUR special day! I love you to the moon and back.
Sincere Messages To Your Sister On Her Birthday
- I have had many friends come into my life and go away again, but my sister has always been by my side. Happy birthday to my best friend. I love you!
- Sisters share every emotion together: joy, laughter, jealously, happiness and anger. This makes us the finest friends of all. Happy birthday, my sister. You mean the world to me!
- To my darling sister – you are the only person in the whole wide world who can turn my tears into smiles. This year, I wish you nothing but happiness, joy and love. Happy birthday!
- I know I’m never alone because I always have you by my side, my sweet sister. Happy, happy birthday to you!
- Wishing you a very happy birthday, my gorgeous sister. Thank you for being my best friend and for always sticking by me. I love you more than words can say.
- On this very special day, I look back on every beautiful memory we share. Here’s to creating many more! Happy birthday, my dearest sister!
- My sister is no ordinary human being. She has the patience of a monk, is beautiful on the outside, but even more so on the inside. Happy, happy birthday to my sister and best friend.
- I am so lucky and eternally grateful to have such a beautiful, precious friendship with my wonderful, sweet, caring and loving sister. Happy birthday to you! I love you so much.
- Fate and luck may have made us sisters, but there’s no one else I would have chosen anyway. I love you so much. Happy birthday!
- My childhood would have been incomplete without a sweet sister like you. We cannot compare our friendship to anything in the entire world, and I will cherish our memories forever. Happy, happy birthday to you, my darling sister!
Happy Birthday Sister Quotes & Poems
If you want to add a little extra inspiration, use one of these quotes, or make up your own!
- “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James. Happy birthday to my heart’s gift, my spirit’s friend and my golden thread to the meaning of life! I love you!
- “There is space within sisterhood for likeness and difference, for the subtle differences that challenge and delight; there is space for disappointment and surprise.” – Christine Downing. Thank you for sticking by my side through it all. Happy birthday to you, my amazing sister!
- “We’re connected, as women. It’s like a spiderweb. If one part of that web vibrates, if there’s trouble, we all know it, but most of the time we’re just too scared, or selfish, or insecure to help. But if we don’t help each other, who will?” – Sarah Addison Allen. Happy birthday to you, my sister. I will always be here to help. I love you!
- “Never hold resentments for the person who tells you what you need to hear; count them among your truest, most caring, and valuable friends.” – Mike Norton. Thank you for being one of my truest, most caring, and most valuable friends. Thank you for being my sister. Happiest of birthdays to you!
- “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defence attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” – Barbara Alpert. Thank you for being there through it all. Happy birthday, my darling sister! I love you more than words can say!
- “You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories.” – Deborah Moggach. Here’s to many more memories! Happy birthday to you, my sweetest sister! I love you.
- “Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be.” – Toni Morrison. I can’t wait for more crazy conversations and daydreams with you, my sister. Happy birthday!
- “Because angels are sometimes busy elsewhere, god created sisters like you.” – Sal Williams. Happy birthday, my sister!
- “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison. Happy birthday to my sister, my special kind of double. I love you always!
- “Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.” – Pam Brown. Happy birthday to my great defender! I love you, my sister.
Be inspired by these messages and write a message in your sister’s birthday card that she’ll remember forever! From the funny to the serious, choose whatever suits your relationship best and make her day all the more special.