Your daughter-in-law may just be one of the most important people in your life. Having gained a daughter when she married your child, she’s been there for you and your family through plenty of milestones. You cannot imagine life without her. So, when it comes to her birthday, you need to let her know just how special she is to you and your loved ones with a special happy birthday message.
Finding the right words for someone’s birthday card can be a daunting challenge. How could you possibly find the perfect words to sum up everything that your wonderful daughter-in-law deserves in the coming year? Do you want to write something funny, something sweet, or something sincere for her birthday wishes?
We’ve compiled a selection of our favourite meaningful birthday card ideas for your daughter-in-law. Remember that the more personal the message is, the more it will mean to her.
Instead of copying these down word for word, maybe use them as inspiration for writing your own special message from the heart to wish her a very happy birthday.
Find Birthday Gifts for Your Daughter-in-Law
Happy Birthday Daughter-In-Law Quotes
Sometimes, someone else says it best. Below, we have listed some of our favourite quotes for a daughter-in-law birthday.
- “Happy birthday to the girl who stole everyone’s heart!” – Unknown. We wish you a wonderful year ahead. Thank you for all the joy and laughter that you bring to our family. We couldn’t imagine a life without you!
- “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” – Aretha Franklin. Happy birthday to you, our beloved daughter-in-law! Thank you for turning each day into a gift. We love you and wish you only happiness and success in the coming year.
- “Although she is but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare. You are fierce, you are strong, you are independent. Thank you for being a role model for the younger girls in our family. We could not have asked for a better daughter-in-law. May this year bring you plenty of joy and happiness. Happy birthday to you.
- “You are loved for the little girl you were, the special woman you are now, and the wonderful daughter-in-law that you always will be.” – Unknown. Happy birthday to you! Thank you for everything you do to help our family grow in love and happiness.
- “May your spirit dance as you celebrate the divine instrument of time and may your heart be filled with life’s music, for this is your day to shine.” – Unknown. Thank you for shining bright in all of our lives. Happy birthday to you, our sweet daughter-in-law!
- “Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf. I am so thankful to be able to count you amongst my friends. Happy birthday to my one-of-a-kind daughter-in-law! I wish you every happiness in the year ahead.
Happy Birthday Future Daughter-In-Law
She may not be married into your family just yet, but she may as well be! Find the perfect way to wish your future daughter-in-law happy birthday here:
- We cannot imagine having anyone else join our family. We love you so much. Happy birthday! Here’s to celebrating many more together my future daughter-in-law.
- None of us can wait until you are officially a member of our family! Happy birthday to you, our future daughter-in-law. We are so excited to celebrate many more milestones with you!
- I know it’s not official yet, but I simply cannot wait to call you my daughter-in-law! May you continue to succeed, may you continue to experience joy and may your year be filled with happiness. Happy birthday to you!
- We might not be family just yet, but it already feels like we are! We couldn’t hope for a better soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Happy birthday to you! Thank you for all the joy, laughter and happiness that you bring to our family – here’s to many more birthdays spent together.
- Keep shining bright like the diamond you are. We cannot wait to have you join our family. Happy birthday to you, our future daughter in law. We wish you everything of the best in your new year!
- Happy birthday! You feel like a great big part of the family already – we are excited that you will soon be our daughter-in-law. We hope your day is extra special. You deserve it.
- While you may not be officially part of our family yet in the eyes of the law, you have long stole my heart! Happy birthday daughter in law!
Birthday Wishes for Daughter-In-Law
If you are looking for something simple yet meaningful, we have some inspirational birthday wishes for your daughter-in-law.
- Happy birthday daughter-in-law! You have been everything we ever dreamed of and we are so glad to have you part of our family. May you always be happy and healthy.
- Dear daughter-in-law, happy birthday to you! Wishing you a wonderful day ahead filled with joy and love.
- To my special daughter-in-law, happy birthday! We are so grateful for you all these years and our son is truly a lucky man to have you by his side!
- Happy birthday to our one and only daughter-in-law, the best of the best! Thank you for taking care of this family and treating it like your own.
- Over the years you have worked so hard for this family and took care of your kids so well. Happy birthday! You are truly a great mother and an even better daughter in law.
- Happy birthday daughter in law! You are the best daughter in law anyone can ask for and I wish you nothing but the best!
- To the dearest member of our family, happy birthday daughter in law! You are just like a daughter to me, and we are so lucky to have you everyday. Sending you lots of love on this very special day.
- I am truly amazed by what a wonderful wife, mother and daughter-in-law you are. You are an inspiration to many, myself included. Happy birthday my sweet daughter-in-law, we are so blessed to have you as part of our family.
Funny Birthday Wishes For Your Daughter-In-Law
Of course, birthdays are special times filled with plenty of joy and laughter. Why not write funny happy birthday wishes for your daughter-in-law? Take a look at some of our favourite ways to say happy birthday and make her laugh:
- Happy birthday to the only woman who can keep our son in line! We couldn’t ask for a better daughter-in-law. May your year be blessed and filled with laughter.
- It’s your birthday! You can tell your husband to do all the housework today. Tell him his mom said so! I wish you so much happiness in the coming year. We could not be more thrilled to have you as our special daughter-in-law. We love you and happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to our amazing daughter-in-law! To be honest, we never thought that our son would ever find anyone good enough – we couldn’t be more pleased to be wrong! May this year bring you all the joy, happiness and laughter that you so often bring to us.
- I would wish you plenty of surprises on your birthday, but every day is filled with surprises around our son. Instead, we will just wish you good luck! Happy birthday to you, our sweet and wonderful daughter-in-law!
- You are one of the strongest women I know – you have to be in order to deal with my son day after day! Happy birthday to you! I couldn’t have asked for a better daughter-in-law.
- As your mother-in-law, it’s my job to criticise everything you do. But you make that incredibly difficult! Happy birthday daughter in law. May every day bring you as much happiness and joy as you bring to our family.
- Oh boy is my son so lucky to have you, I wonder what he did in his previous life! Happy birthday daughter in law, you are truly incredible!
- Happy birthday daughter in law, the only one that has the key to my son’s heart and stomach! Keep being you my dear, you are such a special daughter in law.
Writing happy birthday wishes for your daughter-in-law doesn’t have to be a hard task. Use these ideas as inspiration and then make them your own. She’ll love what you write and treasure your words even if it’s just a simple happy birthday.