Your daughter-in-law may just be one of the most important people in your life. Having gained a daughter when she married your child, she’s been there for you and your family through plenty of milestones. You cannot imagine life without her. So, when it comes to her birthday, you need to let her know just how special she is to you and your loved ones.
Finding the right words for someone’s birthday card can be a daunting challenge. How could you possibly find the perfect words to sum up everything that your wonderful daughter-in-law deserves in the coming year? Do you want to write something funny, something sweet, or something sincere?
We’ve compiled a selection of our favourite meaningful birthday card ideas for your daughter-in-law. Remember that the more personal the message is, the more it will mean to her.
Instead of copying these down word for word, maybe use them as inspiration for writing your own special message from the heart.
Jump To a Section Below
Happy Birthday Daughter-In-Law Quotes
Sometimes, someone else says it best. Below, we have listed some of our favourite quotes for a daughters-in-law birthday.
- “Happy birthday to the girl who stole everyone’s heart!” – Unknown. We wish you a wonderful year ahead. Thank you for all the joy and laughter that you bring to our family. We couldn’t imagine a life without you!
- “Every birthday is a gift. Every day is a gift.” – Aretha Franklin. Happy birthday to you, our beloved daughter-in-law! Thank you for turning each day into a gift. We love you and wish you only happiness and success in the coming year.
- “Although she is but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare. You are fierce, you are strong, you are independent. Thank you for being a role model for the younger girls in our family. We could not have asked for a better daughter-in-law. Happy birthday to you. May this year bring you plenty of joy and happiness.
- “You are loved for the little girl you were, the special woman you are now, and the wonderful daughter-in-law that you always will be.” – Unknown. Happy birthday to you! Thank you for everything you do to help our family grow in love and happiness.
- “May your spirit dance as you celebrate the divine instrument of time and may your heart be filled with life’s music, for this is your day to shine.” – Unknown. Thank you for shining bright in all of our lives. Happy birthday to you, our sweet daughter-in-law!
- “Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf. I am so thankful to be able to count you amongst my friends. Happy birthday to my one-of-a-kind daughter-in-law! I wish you every happiness in the year ahead.
Happy Birthday Future Daughter-In-Law
She may not be married into your family just yet, but she may as well be! Find the perfect birthday message for your future daughter-in-law here:
- We cannot imagine having anyone else join our family. We love you so much. Happy birthday! Here’s to celebrating many more together.
- None of us can wait until you are officially a member of our family! Happy birthday to you, our future daughter-in-law. We are so excited to celebrate many more milestones with you!
- I know it’s not official yet, but I simply cannot wait to call you my daughter-in-law! Happy birthday to you! May you continue to succeed, may you continue to experience joy and may your year be filled with happiness.
- We might not be family just yet, but it already feels like we are! We couldn’t hope for a better soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Happiest of birthdays to you! Thank you for all the joy, laughter and happiness that you bring to our family – here’s to many more birthdays spent together.
- Keep shining bright like the diamond you are. We cannot wait to have you join our family. Happy birthday to you, our future daughter-in-law. We wish you everything of the best in your new year!
- Happy birthday! You feel like a great big part of the family already – we are excited that you will soon be our daughter-in-law. We hope your day is extra special. You deserve it.
Funny Birthday Wishes For Your Daughter-In-Law
Of course, birthdays are special times filled with plenty of joy and laughter. Why not write funny happy birthday wishes for your daughter-in-law? Take a look at some of our favourite ones:
- Happy birthday to the only woman who can keep our son in line! We couldn’t ask for a better daughter-in-law. May your year be blessed and filled with laughter.
- It’s your birthday! You can tell your husband to do all the housework today. Tell him his mom said so! I wish you so much happiness in the coming year. We could not be more thrilled to have you as our special daughter-in-law. We love you!
- Happy birthday to our amazing daughter-in-law! To be honest, we never thought that our son would ever find anyone good enough – we couldn’t be more pleased to be wrong! May this year bring you all the joy, happiness and laughter that you so often bring to us.
- I would wish you plenty of surprises on your birthday, but every day is filled with surprises around our son. Instead, we will just wish you good luck! Happy birthday to you, our sweet and wonderful daughter-in-law!
- You are one of the strongest women I know – you have to be in order to deal with my son day after day! I couldn’t have asked for a better daughter-in-law. Happy birthday to you!
- As your mother-in-law, it’s my job to criticise everything you do. But you make that incredibly difficult! Happy birthday to you. May every day bring you as much happiness and joy as you bring to our family.
Writing happy birthday wishes for your daughter-in-law doesn’t have to be a hard task. Use these ideas as inspiration and then make them your own. She’ll love what you write and treasure your words!