Whether you bicker like siblings or your cousin is your favourite person in the world, there’s no denying the special bond that comes from sharing a childhood together. It’s cool to think that because your parents spent their childhood together, there are so many similarities that you, their children, inevitably share. Your cousins understand things way better than a stranger ever could, and it’s nice to show some appreciation for that special bond, especially on their birthday.
Jump To a Section Below
How Do You Say Happy Birthday To Your Cousin?
Like any birthday wish, how you choose to say happy birthday to your cousin will depend on the kind of person they are. It’s important to take their unique personality into account. Are they the kind of person who would feel uncomfortable with a heartfelt message? Would they prefer a funny joke that deflects the attention from them instead? These are all things to consider when deciding what to write in a birthday card.
We know that it can be tricky to find the right words, so we’ve put together a list of different ways you can say happy birthday to your cousin so that you can choose a way that would best suit their individual personality. We’ve jotted down some of the best ways to wish your cousin a happy birthday so that the next time a special occasion swings around, you’ll have just the right words to let them know how much you value and appreciate them.
We’ve got messages ranging from quirky and a bit cheeky, to ones that will warm your heart, so take a look and we’re sure you’ll find the perfect happy birthday cousin message for you!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Cousins
What’s a little joke between cousins? You know they’ll get you back when your birthday comes around so why not put a smile on your cousin’s dial with a funny happy birthday wish.
- Cousins are so awesome! Well, at least yours is. Happy birthday cuz!
- May we celebrate each other’s birthdays together until we’re too old to remember whose is whose! Happy birthday!
- Don’t tell the others, but you’re definitely my coolest cousin. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to a cousin who is funny, sexy, popular and successful! Hold on… did I say ‘to’? I meant to say ‘from’. Happy birthday you cheeky thing!
- It’s your birthday! Now you can do whatever you want! Wait… you do that anyway. Happy birthday to my favourite cousin! Love you lots.
- Happy birthday to the family member I’m least ashamed to be related to. Happy birthday my dear cousin!
- Now you’ve got to start acting your age instead of your shoe size! Happy birthday to one of the best people I know.
Even if we weren’t related, I’d still probably choose to hang out with you! Happy birthday cuz!
Birthday Wishes For Cousin Who Is Like A Sister/Brother
Whether you’ve grown up in the same place, or when you see each other it’s like no time has passed, the bond between cousins can be as strong as between siblings and it’s a relationship that many people cherish. We’ve got a few ways for you to let your favourite cousin know just how important they’ve been in your life.
- You have been by my side since the beginning! I feel so lucky to have shared so many incredible memories with you and for having you to celebrate with and lean on all these years! Thanks so much for your kindness, love and for all the belly laughs! Happy birthday cousin — here’s to many more!
- Where do I begin? When you’ve got a lifetime’s worth of memories to choose from, it’s difficult to know where to start. So I’ll start at the beginning. The day you were born, I received the best gift I could imagine — a lifelong friend! I love you like a sibling. Happy birthday cousin!
- Cousins are a little slice of childhood. I’m grateful I had you in my life to love, cherish, and annoy. Happy birthday!
Birthday Wishes for A Male Cousin
Even if you don’t have a relationship with your male cousin that means you’re able to express how you feel, it’s nice to show them some love on their birthday. Take a look at the male cousin birthday wishes we’ve gathered to see if there’s anything that might do the trick.
- Cousins always know when to hold you and more importantly when to challenge you. Thanks for helping me grow as a person even when I didn’t want to. Happy birthday cousin!
- I don’t really need to wish you “happy birthday” since I’m certain that your birthday will be a happy occasion. That’s because I’m going to be there. What could be better.
- There are some people that always know the words to bring a smile to your face. You are that person to me! Have a wonderful birthday and thanks so much for always looking out for me. Happy birthday cuzzie!
- The moments we’ve spent together have been some of the best in my life. I;m so grateful to have a cousin like you! May every moment of your birthday be as wonderful as you are!
Birthday Wishes for A Female Cousin
It always feels nice to be appreciated, so send a little love to your female cousin with a heartfelt message like one of the ones below.
- Cousin, I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday! May it be filled with family, laughter and great memories.
- We’re cousins by blood, sisters at heart and friends by choice. Happy birthday special cousin!
- Happy birthday to my crazy, wonderful, hilarious and truly amazing cousin! I feel so lucky to have been able to grow up alongside you and I can’t wait for all the exciting adventures in our future! Love you so much!
- You mean the absolute world to me, because you are the type of person who gives so unselfishly. I hope to be even half the person you are one day. Happy birthday!
- You are a beautiful person, inside and out. I hope you always remember that. But if you don’t, I’ll be right here to remind you. Happy birthday beautiful cousin!
- Growing up with you was the greatest gift I ever received. Today, I want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life and for all the special memories. Here’s to many more!
Happy Belated Birthday Cousin
We all know that our lives get busy and time runs away from us. Sometimes that can mean missing someone important’s birthday! Luckily, a nice message and apology can go a long way. We’ve got a few options here for you to choose from.
- Sorry I missed your birthday! Luckily it’s the first one since you’ve been born, so maybe you’ll cut me some slack! Happy birthday cuz.
- Happy belated birthday cousin! Sorry I missed your birthday. I heard it was spectacular! Can’t wait to make it up to you!
- One day you were born, and the rest is legendary! Sorry I missed the big day, don’t worry I’ll make the next one extra special. Happy birthday cousin!
- I know I’m late to the party, but I wanted to say just how much you mean to me. Thanks for always being there and for knowing exactly what to say. Happy belated birthday cousin!
Happy Birthday Cousin In Heaven
It’s never easy to lose someone you love, and birthday’s can be a sad reminder of the loss you feel. Continuing to celebrate your cousin even after they are gone is a nice way to keep their memory alive. Whether you choose to send the card to their family, or keep it for yourself, writing a card out is a lovely way to honor their memory.
- Happy birthday beautiful cousin. Even though you are no longer with us, I still think of you everyday. Thank you for the way you touched my life and for watching over me now. I can still feel your presence. I’ll never forget the time we were lucky enough to share.
- I always knew you were the kind of person whose impact on this world would leave a lasting impression. I know because you’d already impacted my life for the better in so many ways. Miss you so much. Happy birthday special cousin.
- I look to the stars and the sky in heaven on this day, and send love and hugs and kisses your way. Missing you always. Happy birthday cousin.
Happy Birthday Quotes For Cousins
A quote is a fab addition to any birthday card. We’ve gathered some musings on cousins and family from great minds that might strike a chord with you and help illustrate how you really feel.
‘God made us cousins because he knew our mother couldn’t handle us as siblings.’ — Unknown.
‘Cousins are friends that will love you forever.’ — Constance Richards
‘In my cousin, I find a second self.’ — Isabel Norton
‘A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.’ — Marion C. Garretty
‘Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold cousins together.’ — Woodrow Wilson
‘My cousins are shareholders of my soul.’ — Saswat Padh
‘Other things may change us, but we start and end with family.’ — Anthony Brandt
Even though actions speak louder than words, it’s still nice to hear the words sometimes, so take the time to show your cousin a little love on their birthday and tell them how you really feel!