Your brother was probably one of the very first friends you ever had. Since you were younger, he’s been by your side; your fiercest protector, biggest inspiration and a great source of advice when you need it most. He’s also probably the one who got you to taste mud pies and into plenty of trouble too!
It can often be difficult to put into words just how much you care about someone, let alone someone as special as your brother. On his birthday, it’s important to let him know that he means the world to you. One of the best ways to do this is by writing a sweet, funny or inspirational card to attach to whichever gift you choose to spoil him with.
Below, you will find a few ideas and suggestions for messages you can write in your brother’s birthday card. Use these words to make his day that extra little bit special!
Jump To a Section Below
How to Wish Your Brother a Happy Birthday
Whenever you write a birthday card, try to make it as personal as possible. This will show your brother that you’ve put plenty of thought and effort into making their day memorable. Here are a few tips on how to do so:
- Include a memory. Choose a special memory to include in your birthday message to your brother. Perhaps it has to do with a favourite TV show you two would watch together, a sport you would play or even an inside joke that you share. Write something about it in the card – it will make him smile.
- If you have a nickname for your brother, address the card to that nickname. Similarly, if he has a nickname for you, make sure you sign the card with that. It’s a sweet way to remind him of the bond that the two of you share.
- Before writing the card, think very carefully about what makes your brother special and what makes him special to you. This could be anything from his great sense of humour to his ability to see the light side of any situation. Write something short about it in the card – it will definitely make him feel warm and fuzzy.
- When you write your card, make sure that your message comes from the heart. Even if it seems a bit too soppy or sentimental, your brother will absolutely love the thought and the effort that went into creating his card.
Below, we’ve put together some of our favourite funny and sincere birthday messages and quotes for you to include in the birthday card you write for your brother. These are just ideas and suggestions, so feel free to adapt them to show your brother how much he means to you.
Funny Birthday Wishes for Your Brother
Funny messages are always a good choice, especially if you have a tradition of teasing each other.
- Being related to me is really the only gift you need. Just saying. Happy birthday brother!
- A huge happy birthday to the brother of the most amazing sister in the world. Stop being so awkward around people! Have the best day – I love you!
- Don’t even think about giving me a disappointing birthday gift this year because remember, I know all your little secrets. Just Kidding. Many happy returns of the day brother. Happy birthday!
- Happy Birthday to you, little brother. You got your kindness from Mum, intelligence from Dad, and sense of humour from me, so be grateful! You’re welcome. We love you!
- Dude, you are so busted when I spill your secrets. Oh, the things that I know and the things that I’ve seen… Better share that cake. Happy birthday, my brother! I love you always.
- It’s a good time to learn to identify all the liars around you. Don’t get fooled by the one that tells you are still young and beautiful. Happy birthday, my brother. I love you.
- Happy birthday, my beloved brother. Let’s relive all of our happiest times that Mom and Dad don’t know about yet. You get the drinks, and I’ll get the limes. It’s going to take some time. I love you!
- “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucile Ball. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone how old you really are! Happy happy birthday to you, my big brother. I love you more than words can say.
Heartfelt Birthday Messages For Your Brother
If you need a message from the heart, consider the following:
- The only thing in this world that will always stay the same, when everything else has changed, is the bond that we share. Happy birthday to the best brother ever.
- Happy birthday to you, my little brother. I hope that your special day is filled with love and happiness, and that this year is your best year yet! Remember – you can achieve anything you set your mind to. I am so proud of you and I love you so much!
- To my sweet brother, you were my first friend and now you are my best friend. I think of you every day, but especially today. Happy birthday! I love you!
- Happy birthday to you, my sweet brother. Watching you grow up over the years has been one of my life’s great joys. I’m so privileged to be a part of your life, and I couldn’t have asked for a better best friend to share my years with. I love you!
- Happy birthday to you, my brother! I know that sometimes, we go too long without talking and catching up with each other. I just want you to know how often I think about you and how much I truly treasure the times we do talk. Sending you so much love on this day, and all year round.
- Happy birthday to you, my brother! Every birthday gets a little more special – maybe that’s because family becomes more important as we get older. Today, it is especially important to me that you know how much I love you, and how thankful I am to have you as a brother.
Birthday Messages from Sister to Brother
Whether he’s your older brother or younger brother, he’s probably driven you crazy more than a few times in your life. But you love him all the same! Here are a few birthday wishes for a sister to share with her beloved brother:
- Being sister and brother means being there for each other. Happy birthday bro!
- My brother has the best sister in the world. True story. Happy birthday brother bear!
- It’s a sister’s job to annoy her brother, no matter how old they are. That’s why I smile that you’re my brother… and laugh that there’s nothing you can do about it!
- “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends.” – Robert Brault
- Hands in hands or miles apart, sisters and brothers always connected by heart.
- Happy birthday to my baby brother who stole all of mom’s attention from the rest of us from the moment you were born.
Birthday Messages from Brother to Brother
Is there a bond stronger than the bond between two brothers? Wish your bro all the best of his birthday with these sentimental and funny birthday wishes:
- Bro, no matter what life throws at us, I’ve always got your back. Happy birthday bro!
- There is no buddy like a brother. Happy birthday!
- The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other. Happy birthday brother.
- The best part of having a naughty brother like you is that I can blame you for almost everything I do! Happy birthday bro!
- Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother and support like a friend.
- I bet you thought you’d never become a grumpy old man. But here you are killing it! Happy birthday.
Best Brother Quotes for His Birthday
Sometimes, you can’t find the right words to put in your brother’s birthday card, but others can. Below are some of our favourite quotes to share on birthdays:
- “Brothers are children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.” — Sam Levenson
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” — Marc Brown
- “I can’t promise to solve all your problems but I can promise you won’t have to face them alone.” — Anonymous
- “You don’t get to choose your siblings. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
- “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “Life isn’t about your age. Life is about living. So when your birthday comes, be thankful for the year that has just past and anticipate with a happy heart what the coming year will bring.” –Catherine Pulsifer.
- “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Happy Birthday Brother In Heaven
Not all brothers can be with us on their birthday. But that doesn’t mean their life with us shouldn’t be celebrated. Here are a few birthday wishes for a brother who has passed.
- You’re in my thoughts every day, and that’s why it will always be. For you may be up in Heaven now, but you’ll always be with me. Happy birthday, brother.
- He was first my brother, then he became my best friend. Now he is my angel. Happy brother my dearest brother in heaven.
- My brother may not be at my side, but he is always in my heart.
- I hear that people in Heaven can look down and watch over us. If that’s true when you see me sitting quietly, know that I am thinking of you, and remembering al that made you so special.
- I have an angel watching over me and I call him brother.
- Brother – there is a spot in my heart that will never belong to anyone else but you. I miss you. Happy birthday.
Whatever you decide to write in your brother’s birthday card will undoubtedly make him laugh, smile and feel incredibly special. As long as you write something that you know he will love and appreciate, you already have the perfect card for him!