If you have a brother-in-law, you probably feel lucky to have been given another sibling a little bit later on in life.
In many ways, our brothers-in-law are exactly like the brothers who’ve been there for us since we were younger. They offer support, guidance and a joke or two when you really need to hear one. However, for some reason, it can often be difficult to express how much your brother in law means to you.
On his birthday, it is especially important to try and find a way to let him know. Below, you will find a few of our tried and trusted tips on how you can incorporate heartfelt birthday wishes into your brother in law’s birthday card.
Jump To a Section Below
Happy Birthday Brother-in-Law
When it comes to anyone’s birthday card wishes, the more personal you can make it, the better. This lets the recipient know that they mean a lot to you and will instantly make them feel special.
Here are a few easy ways in which you can personalize your brother in law’s birthday card.
- Add any little stories or treasured memories that you share with your brother in law into the message that you write. This will remind him of the bond that you share and will go a long way in making the birthday card a bit more special.
- Include any little inside jokes you may have with your brother in law. These can be something silly or sweet and may not seem like a big deal but will show your brother in law that you enjoy the time you spend with him.
- Address the card to any nickname that you have for him, as this goes a long way in making the message feel more personalized. Similarly, if he has a nickname for you, be sure to sign the card off with that nickname.
- The most important thing to remember is to write your birthday message to your brother in law from the heart. Don’t rush it and write something generic down. Think carefully about what you will write, and we guarantee that he will love it that extra bit more.
Birthday Wishes For Brother-in-Law
Even our brother-in-law needs to be reminded of how awesome he is. His birthday is the perfect opportunity to tell him what an amazing person he is!
- Happy Birthday brother-in-law! We are so lucky to have you be a part of this family.
- Happy Birthday brother-in-law! Wishing you a fantastic birthday filled with lots of love and happiness.
- To my dearest brother-in-law, thank you for all that you have done for this family. Have a blast!
- I hope your birthday is as amazing as you are! Thank you for being a wonderful addition to this family. Happy birthday brother-in-law!
Heartfelt Birthday Messages for Brother-in-Law
Often a few sincere words speak volumes, and these ideas are great inspiration:
- I hope your birthday is as happy and fun as you are my dear brother-in-law! You are a great guy and I hope you have a wonderful birthday. May you be abundantly blessed throughout this year and beyond!
- Happy birthday, brother-in-law. I hope this upcoming year is even better than the last! May this birthday mark the beginning of a new period of flying high and success in your life.
- On your birthday, I just wanted to say that you are one of the best things to have happened to my sister. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. It’s been great getting to know you over the years, and I hope the coming year makes all your wishes come true.
- To my brother in law, I wish you a day filled with gifts, hugs, food, laughter, and love. May you continue to be a blessing to others. May you have a long and peaceful life. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday and cheers to you, my sweet brother-in-law! You’ve made it another year. Just remember, you’re not another year older, you are another year better! I wish you nothing but happiness and joy.
- You have been a good father to my nieces and nephews and a good husband to my little sister. You know me, I was born to criticize. But with you, I can’t find anything wrong.
Birthday Wishes For Brother-in-Law Who is Like a Brother
- Sometimes, we are lucky enough to have a brother in law that is just as good as a brother by birth. Thanks for being a great brother. I hope your birthday is amazing!
- We weren’t born as family, but it feels like we were. Happy birthday to the best brother by marriage anyone could ask for! I am so thankful to have you as part of the family and I hope that the upcoming year is everything you hope for and more.
- We’re far from similar but I’m glad we could become good friends and brothers. I’m happy to have such a great brother in law. Happy birthday! I hope your birthday is as fantastic as you are!
- My sister has always been the caring and thoughtful one. I’m so glad that she found a man who treats her the way she deserves to be treated. Happy birthday to the brother in law our family has always hoped for – you mean so much to all of us! We love you very much.
- I know I don’t say this enough, but since it’s your birthday I figured that now is as good a time as any. You’ve made such a great addition to this family, you’ve made my sister happy, and our family is all the better for you being in it. Happy birthday!
Funny Birthday Wishes for Brother-in-Law
- Happy birthday to my brother-in-law! A great man who has the courage and strength to live with my sister!
- To my dear brother in law, as long as you keep taking my side when I have an argument with your sister, I’ll make sure every birthday is filled with the best gifts! Happy birthday!
- Being my brother-in-law is really the only gift you need. You’re welcome.
- Brother-in-law. The Man. The Myth. The bad influence. Happy birthday, bro.
- Happy birthday to one of the few people I can actually tolerate on a daily basis.
- There are lots of great people in our family, but you are special… you volunteered.
- Happy birthday, brother-in-law! Congratulation on surviving another year of family madness!
- Happy birthday to a brother-in-law who has the BEST sister-in-law in the world. You’re one lucky guy.
- Let’s party! (with permission from my sister, don’t worry). Happy birthday, bro!
- I am smiling because you are my brother-in-law. I am laughing because there is nothing you can do about it! Happy birthday!
- I’m so glad that my sister chose you (and not some other jerk) to be a member of our family. Happy birthday, brother in law! May this year bring you everything you wish for and so much more!
Quotes For Your Brother-In-Law’s Birthday
It can often be difficult to find the right words to express yourself and to let your brother in law know how much he means to you. If this is the case, let others do the talking for you.
Below are a few great quotes that you can incorporate into your brother in law’s birthday card.
- “All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece but not too much.” – George Harrison. Happy birthday to the world’s greatest brother in law. May your year be filled with plenty of love, happiness and cake!
- “You don’t get older, you get better!” – Shirley Bassey. Here’s to getting even better, my super brother in law! I am so glad that you have joined our family. You mean the world to us.
- “Don’t just count your years. Make your years count.” – George Meredith. Happiest of birthdays to you, my dear brother in law! I know you will make this new year count.
Regardless of what you say, as long as it comes from the heart, your brother in law is bound to enjoy his birthday. Plus, he’ll appreciate all of the effort that you put into creating a thoughtful birthday message for him!