A baby shower is a wonderful opportunity to spoil the mom-to-be and make her feel truly special. There are so many fabulous gifts for mom and baby, and these gifts should be accompanied by a card – but what do you write in it?
If you find penning a heartfelt message somewhat tricky, keep reading!
With our help, you can write baby shower wishes that together with your presence and gift, will be a wonderful reminder of the truth of an old African proverb – it takes a village to raise a child.
How To Write A Baby Shower Card
Before looking at a few suggested baby shower messages for your card, we’ll run through the basic format your message should take. You can follow this template when writing:
- Open with a warm greeting – If the shower is for the mother only, use her name in the salutation. E.g., Dear Jane, or To Jane. If both parents will be at the shower or if both their names appeared on the invitation, use both their names in the card. E.g., Dear Blanche and Edwin, or To Edwin and Blanche.
- Write a personalised message – The best baby shower card messages come from the heart, and they are personal for the gift-giver as well as for the mum-to-be. Whether she’s a family member, friend, or colleague, there’s probably a shared experience or memory that you can mention when writing your message. Most importantly, congratulate her, let her know that you can’t wait to meet her beautiful bouncing baby, and express gratitude for being invited to such a special occasion.
- Include good wishes for the mother/parents and for the baby.
- Add an appropriate quote, if desired.
- Sign off in a warm and friendly way – Examples of closing greetings include All the best, All my love, Wishing you and the baby well, Lots of love, and Hugs and kisses.
Traditional Baby Shower Wishes
Baby shower wishes traditionally include a congratulatory note for the mother/parents and an expression of excitement and joy at the child’s imminent arrival. If appropriate, you also can offer or pledge your future support – this is usually included by close family and friends, especially those who have been asked to be godparents.
A few suggestions you can use or adapt as you see fit include:
- Babies have a funny way of making the night longer, the days shorter, your clothes dirty and your bank balance lower. They also make homes happier, love stronger, the past easier to forget and the future easier to hope for. Congratulations!
- If you thought you knew love, wait until you’re holding your precious bundle of joy in your arms. You’re going to be a wonderful mother and we can’t wait to meet your little one!
- You’re about to embark on the biggest adventure of your life. Parenting a child is exciting, terrifying and indescribably joyous – usually all at once! Enjoy every moment, as they grow up so quickly. Congratulations, Tiffany. You’re going to be a fantastic mum.
- We wish you and your baby all the best. May your baby be beautiful and healthy, and may s/he grow up to be a shining light in your lives and in our world. Congratulations!
- That little bun in the oven is almost done! I hope you’re bracing yourself because your life will never be the same again. I’m so happy for you, and I can’t wait to meet your baby! Congratulations!
Funny Baby Shower Wishes
Pregnancy can be a stressful period for parents, especially if it’s the first one. A baby shower is a wonderful occasion to focus on the joy of becoming parents.
Add to the laughter by including a light-hearted joke in your baby shower card:
- There’s no denying that babies are bundles of joy. They’re also bundles of dirty nappies, sleep-shattering noise, and exasperating tantrums. What’s more, they’re bundles of the purest love you could experience in this life. Congratulations, and wishing you all the best!
- It’s almost time to say hello to Baby! Of course, that also means saying goodbye to sleep. We hope you’re ready! Enjoy your day of pampering. Know that we love and support you, and that we can’t wait to meet the little one!
- Congratulations! You’re about to discover that sleep’s overrated! Babies aren’t, of course, and we’re so excited that your months of waiting to meet your precious child are almost over. We love you and we wish you all the best.
- The big day’s almost here! I hope you’re ready to spend the next 18 years tending to scrapes and bruises, doing more laundry than you knew was possible, and pulling out your hair. It’s worth it though! Congratulations!
- Congratulations! Hitting the bottle is about to take on a whole new meaning.
Beautiful Baby Quotes
Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with the right words to convey how you feel about the future mom and her bundle of joy. In these instances, using a funny or sentimental quote can add just the right touch to your baby shower card.
- “Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.” – Winnie the Pooh
- “The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority.” – Olivia Wilde
- “Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth, for she has held a star.” – Larry Barratto
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda J. Le Shan
- “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” – Unknown
- “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones
- “You know what the great thing about babies is? They are like little bundles of hope. Like the future in a basket.” – Lish McBride
- “A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” — Unknown“A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty.” — Unknown
- “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “There is no such thing as a perfect parent, so just be a real one.” – Sue Atkins
- “A baby is a dancing joy of life.” – Debasish Mridha
A Message For The Baby
Before signing off, you may want to include a special message for the baby in your card. The parents are likely to keep the cards as mementoes of the pregnancy, and they can share those messages with the child when s/he is old enough to appreciate them. When writing your message for the baby, think about the parents’ good qualities and let them inspire your words.
Here are a few ideas:
- I hope you’ll have your mother’s radiant smile, your father’s soulful eyes and their senses of humour combined. I can’t wait to meet you!
- Your parents are so excited to meet you and I can say I feel the same way. I know you’re going to be a special child who will shine a big, bright light wherever you go.
- With parents like yours, you are going to be beautiful inside and out. I hope you have a long and happy life filled with love and laughter.
Celebrating the imminent arrival of a bundle of joy is a wonderful time. These messages reflect that and are the perfect way to wish the mom-to-be well.