This one is so simple, and yet incredibly tricky. Saying happy anniversary is such a straightforward concept. But when it comes to the one you love, two words are not nearly enough to express all that you’ve been through, all that you’ll go through, and everything in between!
To make this process a little bit easier when wishing your wife a happy anniversary, we’ve compiled a list of thoughtful messages. You can share any one of these to make marking the day you said I Do even better!
What to Write in an Anniversary Card to my Wife
Let’s start with every anniversary staple, the card that goes along with the gift. This will more than likely depict the foundation of your relationship. This can be anything from funny to hopelessly romantic, and even be handmade if you’re up for the challenge. Once you’ve got the card, the real work starts!
4 Things to Write in your Anniversary Card
- Address your wife: Call her by her nickname or term of endearment that only you use. Make it feel special.
- Write your message: This is the part where you let your hopeless romantic inner self run wild. Tell her what this milestone means to you, what you’re looking forward to and maybe share one or two fond memories. The card is a blank canvas, it’s up to you to paint the picture.
- Don’t forget to say happy anniversary!
- End it with a loving closing. Something that will leave a smile on her face when reading it and brighten up her day when she chooses to read it again.
Sweet Anniversary Wishes for My Wife
We’ve mentioned that your message needs to tug on the heartstrings while staying true to your relationship. The easiest way to differentiate between the “types” of messages is by labelling them sweet and funny. Let’s start by looking at sweet anniversary wishes for your wife.
12 Sweet Anniversary Messages for my Wife
- I am the luckiest man alive with you by my side. Happy anniversary, I love you more than you’ll ever know.
- You have brought happiness to my life and make me feel complete. There are no words to truly describe what you mean to me. Happy anniversary, my love.
- Thank you for sticking with me through all that we’ve been through. Your support is immeasurable and the reason for my success. Happy anniversary.
- I know I’ve said it many times before and I’ll continue to say it over and over again: I love you! Happy anniversary.
- You’ve been there for it all and always been ready to catch me when I fall. Thank you for being by my side all these years. Happy anniversary.
- Happy anniversary, my beautiful wife, I am so thankful to have you in my life.
- Your kindness, compassion and endless love have made my life all the more with living. Happy anniversary!
- Every single day since I’ve met you has been better than the last and I cannot wait to see what the future holds. Happy anniversary!
- This day is one I’ll cherish forever, it’s the day we vowed to love each other through all of life’s ups and downs. It may not have always been easy, but I’m glad that we powered through it all. Happy anniversary!
- Meeting you was a truly life-changing moment. My only regret is not meeting you sooner. Happy anniversary, wife.
- They say that life begins when you’re born, but I only truly began to live once I met you. You changed my world, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Happy anniversary!
- Looking back at the last few years, I can’t help but smile. You have made my life worthwhile. Happy anniversary to my beautiful wife.
Funny Anniversary Wishes for my Wife
If you are the kind of couple that enjoys some light-hearted fun, a funny message is the way to go. We’ve got just the thing to help jumpstart your creativity.
8 Funny Anniversary Messages for my Wife
- Roses are red, violets are blue. I’m truly grateful that I married you.
- It’s impressive that after all these years, we’re still not sick of one another. Happy anniversary.
- You’re the best first wife I’ve ever had. Happy anniversary.
- When they said through thick and thin, we never imagined that they were referring to our waistline. Happy anniversary.
- Today’s the annual “thanking you for putting up with my nonsense” day of celebration. Happy anniversary, trooper.
- Let’s face it, there’s no turning back now. Happy anniversary!
- Life without you is unimaginable – who would make sure that I’m fed and out of harm’s way? Jokes aside, I love you. Happy anniversary.
- You get me and my twisted sense of humour in a way no one else ever could. Happy anniversary.
Anniversary Quotes for My Wife
When writer’s block strikes, you can always rely on the masters of love to help you share your message. After all, a unique gift deserves special words to accompany it! Here are a few happy anniversary wife quotes to get you started.
6 Anniversary Quotes For My Wife
- “It is a curious thought, but it is only when you see people looking ridiculous that you realize just how much you love them.” – Agatha Christie
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “I love her, and it is the beginning of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”—Lao Tzu
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”—Aristotle
Let Your Heart Speak
When it comes to sharing heartfelt emotions, this is the one time you shouldn’t hold back. You’ve made it through another year of craziness! There’s a lot to be grateful for, and all the more reason to celebrate. Pick the perfect gift for her, then say happy anniversary to my beautiful wife in the way that resonates.
I am an experienced writer specializing in travel, food, weddings, and well-being. Continuing my nomadic lifestyle I am currently based on the beautiful island of Malta.
Jump To a Section Below
- What to Write in an Anniversary Card to my Wife
- 4 Things to Write in your Anniversary Card
- Sweet Anniversary Wishes for My Wife
- 12 Sweet Anniversary Messages for my Wife
- Funny Anniversary Wishes for my Wife
- 8 Funny Anniversary Messages for my Wife
- Anniversary Quotes for My Wife
- 6 Anniversary Quotes For My Wife
- Let Your Heart Speak