Your twenties are, without a doubt, some of the best years of your life, and turning 21 is a milestone that marks the beginning of all the fun things that come with being an adult. Celebrations for this special birthday often go hand in hand with heartfelt words and advice for the future. While speeches are nice, they’re not everyone’s cup of tea. It’s difficult to stand up in front of a group of people and express how you feel, so in our opinion, nothing beats a handwritten card!
If the prospect of choosing the right words still worries you, don’t fret – we’ve got you covered! We’ve gathered some birthday messages that capture what’s great about turning 21 and we hope they’ll help you figure out how best to commemorate this special celebration!
21st Birthday Messages for Boys
If you’re looking for happy birthday wishes for boys, you’ve come to the right place. We find that the more specific you are with your message, the better. So if you choose one of the below, make sure to add something you love about the person to make them feel that much more special.
- Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know! Congratulations on your 21st birthday!
- Happy happy 21st birthday! Always remember that life is not about finding yourself, it’s about creating yourself. Wishing you all the best for the next chapter.
- Congratulations on reaching one of life’s biggest milestones! Your future looks so bright!
- As you turn 21 today, I was just reminiscing about all of your impressive achievements and all of the wonderful moments we have shared together. I hope that your 21st birthday marks a fabulous start to your adult life and that you are always blessed with great opportunities and exciting adventures!
Birthday Wishes for Sons Turning 21
Milestones like your 21st birthday can be really overwhelming. A great tip we’ve found for making it all a bit easier is to keep your message honest and brief. Don’t feel pressured to write long messages or sentiments that don’t resonate. We’ve got some examples below.
- When I turned 21, the times were simpler, slower and quite frankly, more boring. Today, 21 is your ticket to a new and exciting world. It’s time to celebrate! Happy 21st birthday my son!
- Only a few parents are privileged to be blessed with a gifted son like you. Happy 21st birthday to the best son in the whole wide world.
- No matter how many birthdays come and go, you’ll always be my little boy. Congratulations on your new chapter. I love you so much!
21st Birthday Messages for Girls
We’ve tracked down some lovely 21st birthday wishes for girls to help you get started! From what we’ve seen in our research, a sincere compliment goes a long way so don’t be scared to tell someone what you love about them.
- If there’s one person who makes me want to live for 1000 more years, it’s you. Happy birthday my girl!
- The world is a much more beautiful place with you in it. I’m really glad you were born. Happy 21st birthday!
- Happy 21st! Your future does not lay in front of you, it lies deep inside you. When life becomes a rollercoaster, climb into the front seat, throw your arms in the air and enjoy the ride.
- Many congratulations on your 21st! Wishing you success and happiness on your very special birthday!
- 21 looks absolutely beautiful on you. May your beauty be as everlasting as the heavens. Happy 21st birthday!
Birthday Wishes for Daughters Turning 21
Watching your little girl grow up can be as sad as it is exciting. These conflicting emotions make it hard to put how you’re feeling into words. Read on for some suggestions of how to tell your daughter just how much she means to you.
- A daughter like you is more priceless than the most beautiful diamond. You are not only strong and wise, but kind and thoughtful as well. Happy 21st, sweetheart!
- For 21 years, I’ve watched you grow, change and mature. I have lived in awe of your ever-burning spirit and your unbridled passion for every second of those years. May your birthday shine as bright as you.
- A daughter is someone you can laugh with, dream with and love with all your heart. Happy 21st birthday my girl.
Every time I try to define beauty and grace, you come to mind. And with each new year, the definition gets even better.
- You are loved for the little girl you once were, the special woman you are now and the precious daughter you will always be. Congratulations on your 21st birthday, my girl!
Sincere 21st Birthday Wishes
A message written from the heart goes a long way. It lets the person know that you care and adds to the memory of the special occasion.
- Behind you all your memories. Before you all your dreams. Around you all that love you. Within you all you need. Happy 21st birthday!
- Your 21st birthday is a special time indeed, where you’re given the key that unlocks the door to your future! I hope that the path ahead is bright and kind to you. You’re a great person who deserves the very best in life! Happy birthday and many congratulations!
- Happy 21st birthday to someone who has a truly bright future ahead of them! I hope you have a fantastic day!
- A very happy 21st birthday to you! Congratulations! I hope that your day is filled with celebrations, and that on this very special day you’re surrounded by those who you love most in the world!
Funny 21st Birthday Messages
Starting a new year off with a laugh never hurt anyone! Adding a funny message is a great way to remind your loved one that adulthood isn’t all serious.
- Congratulations on turning 21! I hope your birthday is so great that you’ll need sunglasses to open the fridge in the morning.
- Time to celebrate your induction into full adulthood! Happy birthday!
- You know what they say about turning 21? Old enough to know better, and young enough not to care. Enjoy it! Happy birthday!
- Happy 21st birthday! Now that you’re getting older, I hope your last trip round the sun wasn’t too tiring.
- You’re 21! Now you can legally do everything you’ve been doing all along!
- Hope your birthday is twenty-onederful!
21st Birthday Quotes
Sometimes you read a quote that makes you think to yourself, ‘wow, I couldn’t have put it better myself!’ Quotes are a great source of inspiration and a nice addition to any 21st birthday message. They usually carry advice that’s withstood the test of time and can offer a bit of insight into what lies ahead. We’ve picked some that we think are perfect for starting a new chapter on the right foot.
- “The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
- “The great thing about getting older is you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” – Madeleine L’Engle
- “Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.” – Brigitte Bardot
- “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake.” – Edward Morykwas
- “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” – George Meredith
- “There are two great days in a person’s life – the day we are born and the day we discover why.” – William Barclay
It can be easy to get caught up in the stress of planning celebrations and the pressure to say the right thing. But at the end of the day, your loved one will value the thought more than anything else, so don’t sweat the small stuff!
Now that you know what’s going in your card, you need the right gift. Have a look at our 21st Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys and Girls.