Turning eighteen is a real milestone. It signifies the first step into adulthood and the beginning of a new chapter. An 18th birthday is an exciting time for everyone involved and really fun to celebrate!
An eighteenth birthday, whether it’s for a family member or a friend, is the ideal time to let your loved one know just how much you appreciate them. While getting them a great birthday gift is a part of the tradition, including the right birthday card message is also important. It’s a great time to pass on any advice that they might find useful.
It can be tricky to find the right words for such a momentous occasion, so we’ve put together some 18th birthday wishes to help get the creative juices flowing.
Happy 18th Birthday Wishes for Sons
With boys, it can be hard to convey just how much they mean to you, but we’ve found that writing heartfelt birthday messages in a card is an easy way to get the love across to your son without too much blushing.
- Son, we closed our eyes but for a moment and suddenly a man stood where a boy used to be. Our wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to. Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small and you never need to carry more than you can hold. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything. Be kind, have fun, stay true and while you’re out there doing what you’re doing – just remember – we love you. Happy birthday to my wonderful son. No matter how big you get or how far you go, I’ll always be right here beside you.
- To a special son. Reach for the stars. Don’t settle for less because you deserve true happiness. You were born to be special, one of a kind. With a beautiful soul, you make your way with your own ideas. You’re kind, loving and funny. Which is why, son, there’s nobody quite like you. Happy 18th birthday!
- My son, I am amazed by everything you do. You make me so proud everyday. You’ll change the world someday by just being you. Happy birthday!
- Happy happy birthday sonny boy. You’re destined for such great things. We love you more than you know!
- I am so proud of the man you are growing up to be. I love you. Happy birthday!
- Son, may every dream and wish you have not only come true but also lead to an amazing future for you! Happy 18th birthday!
- An 18th birthday is one of the many milestones in life son, and I hope you have the best birthday and a great life ahead!
- Happy 18th birthday to my fine young man. We are so proud of what you have achieved over the years and look forward to many more of your adventures. We are always supporting you!
Happy 18th Birthday Wishes for Daughters
As parents, it can be emotional to watch your daughter turn 18. To see the little girl you raised turning into a woman is an exciting but also tear-jerking time. Putting all those feelings into a written message is sometimes the easiest way to stay dry-eyed while still getting to say everything that you want to say.
- For my daughter, happy 18th birthday! You grow smarter, kinder and more beautiful with each passing year. Celebrate with your whole heart today and enjoy each and every moment to the fullest.
- My daughter, ever since the day you were born, you’ve been adding something amazing to my life. I can’t imagine my life without you in it. Happy 18th birthday!
- As we watch you grow and leave your childhood behind, we have so many wishes for you. We wish you confidence to face challenges. Wisdom to choose your path. Adventure and joy to greet you. We wish you contentment born of simple things. Friends, family, cherished moments and happiness. Most of all we wish you love. We are so proud of you.
- My baby girl is all grown up! Eighteen years old, wow! Where did all that time go? You’ve blossomed into an astounding person and I’m so proud of you. Happy 18th birthday!
- Happy 18th birthday to my adorable daughter. You continue to amaze me with your brilliance and your approach to life. You really deserve the best and I’m so proud of how you give so unconditionally. We love you millions! You make us so proud.
- Happy Birthday to our absolute favourite (and only) daughter in the whole wide world. We love you more than our words could say!
- We are so proud to have watched you grow the past 18 years my baby girl! You are a wonderful lady with so much love and heart for the people around you. Hope you have a great 18th birthday!
18th Birthday Wishes for Friends
Friends are the family you choose for yourself, so writing a message for a friend can be as important as ones for your nearest and dearest. Whether you like to keep it light with your pals, or you want to take this special 18th birthday as an opportunity to tell them how you really feel, read on below for some suggestions.
- My friend! Sending you big wishes for your 18th birthday! Congrats on celebrating this totally awesome milestone.
- Get older, but don’t change too much because I like you just the way you are now. Happy 18th my friend!
- Happy birthday, pal! At 18 it’s the perfect time to dream big, take giant leaps and reach for the stars!
- Eighteen years! You’ve now been officially brilliant for 216 months, 936 weeks, 6570 days, 1157680 hours and 9460800 minutes. Happy 18th birthday mate!
- When you have a friend as wonderful as you are, every day feels like a gift. Happy 18th birthday!
- You have been there for me no matter what. I love you, my dear friend, and I am so excited to share your special day with you. Happy birthday!
- Ever since we were little, you’ve always been there for me. I’m so glad we’re still friends, and I bet that one day we’ll be sitting side-by-side in our rocking chairs at the nursing home laughing at all of our crazy times together. Happy 18th birthday, friend!
Funny 18th Birthday Wishes
Sometimes all you need is a laugh on your birthday, so we’ve rounded up some comical messages to start this new chapter with a smile.
- You’re only 18 once. Unless you’re 18 twice. Which means you’re 36 and I’ve bought the wrong bloody card.
- Happy happy birthday! Congratulations on your official adult-ness!
- Happy 18th Birthday! This is the first day of the rest of your life. So get a job and earn some money to pay for it.
- Yay! Now you can go to proper prison! Happy 18th birthday!
- No idea how you turned out so good but going to take full credit! Happy birthday!
- Welcome to adulthood. I hope you like ibuprofen!
- I regret to inform you that childhood has expired. Happy 18th birthday!
- 4 out of 5 people get money in their birthday cards. Happy birthday, number 5.
Happy 18th! At your age, I had a mortgage but well done for getting your dirty laundry in the basket this morning.
- Happy 18th birthday! Your good looks are living proof that Mother Nature sometimes wins the battle with Father Time.
Sincere 18th Birthday Wishes
There’s nothing that makes you feel more special than getting a heartfelt message on your birthday. Sincere birthday messages can give you that warm fuzzy feeling and are gifts in themselves.
- Laugh as hard as you can. Smile more often. Share your joys. Spread happiness by the ton. Be wise but be careful. Don’t let small issues make you fret. You are only 18 once. Enjoy every moment! Happy happy birthday!
- Happy happy 18th birthday! The road ahead may or may not be paved with gold, yellow bricks or good intentions, but it’ll be an adventure all the same. Enjoy the journey!
- Happy birthday! On this fine day, I pray you achieve everything you’ve ever dreamed of.
- My wish for you on your birthday is that you are, and will always be, happy and healthy!
- Happy 18th birthday! I hope your day is filled with lots of love and laughter! May all of your birthday wishes come true.
- Happiest birthday to you, may you always be healthy and happy! And your life be filled with joy and all things good.
Happy 18th Birthday Quotes
Getting older is a topic that great minds have been pondering for centuries and sometimes someone else has said it better than you ever could. Whether they’re funny or serious, adding a quote or a nugget of wisdom can be a nice touch to any 18th birthday card.
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.” – Pope John XXIII
- “You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred.” – Woody Allen
- “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
- “Adulthood is not an age, but a stage of knowledge of self.” – John Fowles
- “Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an aeroplane.” – Unkown
- “The day you graduate from childhood to adulthood is the day you take full responsibility for your life.” – Darren Hardy
- “In childhood be modest, in youth be temperate, in adulthood just, and in old age prudent.” – Socrates
- “Do not be ashamed to learn in adulthood: it is better to learn late than never.” – Aesop
We hope these 18th birthday wishes have given you some inspiration. But remember… don’t let the pressure of finding the right words stress you out too much. Ultimately, the time that you spend with the ones you love on their birthday is what matters the most.